A new ghost companion in the house?

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
My house is, if I say so myself, chock full of spirit actvity. But lately, there's been a new, yet very familiar, little ghost that's been running about.

I used to have a little kitten named Kuroneko. I saved him from a family who was very superstitous; they hated black cats and were going to shoot him, but agreed to give him to me instead. When I brought him home, he was skinny and dirty with many wounds. I could cradle the little guy in my hands and nothing but his tail would hang over, he was so tiny. I took care of his wounds and cleaned him up and made sure he gained enough weight to be healthy. After some pampering and a few good meals, he turned out to be an extremely sweet, energetic, playful kitten who, at the end of the day, loved nothing more than to cuddle up in bed under your chin and sleep like a log. I was lucky enough to have this little guy with me for almost two years, but one day I let him outside to go to the bathroom and he never came home. All of my animals are indoor-outdoor pets, so we didn't think anything of it when we was gone for two days. On the third day, we started looking for him all around the neighborhood and eventually started posting flyers, but we never found him. Then, a few days later, another one of our cats, Debris, went missing, too. Again, after looking and looking, we never found him. I was heartbroken for a long time after that- Kuroneko was such a sweet, enjoyable little guy, and Debris was an intelligent, cuddly cat who followed me everywhere I went. I missed them intensely for a long time (still do, actually), and I think about both of them very often.

Back when we was still with us, Kuroneko used to run down the stairs really fast when I whistled for him. Our newest cat, Buster, also comes to the whistle. I whistled up the stairs for Buster to come and eat, and instead of seeing the big, fluffy orange cat that I was expecting, a dark shadow about the size of a older kitten came galloping down the stairs. It was so clear that I could even see the blue-green color of his eyes. About halfway down the stairs, he vanished. I checked up the stairs and there was nothing there. Later that day, I cuddled up on the couch to watch a movie and I felt something jump up on the couch with me and curl up behind my calves. I reached down to pet what I thought was one of the cats, but again, there was nothing there.

Even my dad, who absolutely does not like talking about ghost activity, has seen the kitten-sized shadow roaming about the house (he noticed it running into the kitchen, where he claims it knocked a spoon off the kitchen counter and then ran into the bathroom).

If this little kitten spirit is indeed my lost-but-not-forgotten Kuroneko, it's sad to think that he's no longer alive, but at least he finally came back home :) As for Debris, I can only hope that, being such an amazingly sweet cat, he's either found a good, warm home in the time he's been gone or, if he is no longer with us physically, that he'll at least stop by sometime to visit his old home again, too.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're the only other person I know who whistles for cats.
I hope your shadow gives you as much joy as his physical form did. :)

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
It's good you can feel friendship in the shadow and contentment. The ghostly form in my house exudes wellbeing. It's a really powerful and satisfying feeling. I'm glad it's happening to you.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, how awesome! I'm sorry to think your little cat might be gone, but how wonderful that he might be "back home."

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
It's good you can feel friendship in the shadow and contentment. The ghostly form in my house exudes wellbeing. It's a really powerful and satisfying feeling. I'm glad it's happening to you.
I'm lucky enough to have a few spirits in the house who give off a very pleasant vibe. I'm glad to have one more :D I don't see why people are so afraid of the idea of ghosts- they can be quite helpful!

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
You're the only other person I know who whistles for cats.
I hope your shadow gives you as much joy as his physical form did. :)
Strange as it is, I've only whistled for two cats in my whole life- Kuroneko and Buster. Buster is super picky about how you call for him, you have to whistle just right or he completely snubs you. All the other animals in the house, dogs and cats alike, come running to just about any noise you make. It seems I always get the eccentric animals :D

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Enjoy your little ghost.

Ghosts get a bad rap because too many people buy into the tales of evil doings and clanking chains. Too many writers perpetuate that myth.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
A friend of mine had a cat that used to scoop the dirt out of her houseplant pots by the pawful. A couple of weeks after this cat died the family came home to find a small pile of potting soil by one of their plants. Ever since, the same thing happens several times a week, usually when the house has been empty.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Enjoy your little ghost.

Ghosts get a bad rap because too many people buy into the tales of evil doings and clanking chains. Too many writers perpetuate that myth.
Aye to that. Sure, some ghosts are scary, but in my experience, most are pretty pleasant and don't run around going, "Whooo!!!!!! *rattles rattle* Be gone, human!"

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Could you attempt to replicate and photograph this event? I'd be very interested to see the results. My girlfriend and I are on a kick, trying to find photos of supernormal happenings. We've got a fairy photo we're fuzzy on, and a couple of "maybe" ghosts. But not much else.

-B

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Could you attempt to replicate and photograph this event? I'd be very interested to see the results. My girlfriend and I are on a kick, trying to find photos of supernormal happenings. We've got a fairy photo we're fuzzy on, and a couple of "maybe" ghosts. But not much else.

-B
I will if I ever go back to my dad's. I wonder if it'll even big up on camera?

If I can figure out how to hook up audio into my computer, would you like me to send you our Samhain tape for this year if we find anything on it?

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever watched "Ghost Hunters"? I can't recall which TV station it's on. It's a team of people who investigate hauntings. The thing I really like about them is they don't just take bumps in the night as ghostly happenings. They try to figure out exactly what's causing those bumps. (Plus, it's just a fascinating show)

The reason I bring up this show is if you're interested in trying to capture images or sounds of paranormal behavior, they have all the bells and whistle electronic gear that may give you ideas.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Have you ever watched "Ghost Hunters"? I can't recall which TV station it's on. It's a team of people who investigate hauntings. The thing I really like about them is they don't just take bumps in the night as ghostly happenings. They try to figure out exactly what's causing those bumps. (Plus, it's just a fascinating show)

The reason I bring up this show is if you're interested in trying to capture images or sounds of paranormal behavior, they have all the bells and whistle electronic gear that may give you ideas.
Actually, my friend Lady Moon is part of the Ohio Valley Paranormal Society, and if I ask her the right way, I might be able to use some of their equipment for recording Samhain.

As for dad's house, him, his new wife, and I got into a recent scrap, I elft, and haven't been back for 3 weeks- nor do I plan on going back. I'm sure I'm not welcome in that house, because of the way he's reacted to the situation. So, I might not be going to that house again, sadly. If I get the chance, though, I would like to record some of the activity in that house, because there's an awful lot of it.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Enjoy your little ghost.

But...but...evil ghost stories are cool. :e2cry:

You trying to put us horror writers out of business?