The Quad (DE/MD/PA/NJ corner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The first meeting of the Delaware AWers went well, with 100% attendance (as far as we know). We met at Brew Ha Ha in Newark, DE

My library books are due back around October 3rdish, and one member would like to have monthly meetings, so why not?

I'll throw a date out there- how's October 1st? A Wednesday...

Cheers,
Christina

[email protected]

Metaphysical Spiritualist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'll be PMing Maryland AWers with this link. Pennsylvaina and NJ, will follow. What do you think about leaving the date nebulous until we find out if others are interested? If some are traveling a good distance, a Saturday may serve them better.

~Michael

Prawn

Writing is finite,revising infinite
Registered
Reaction score
The afternoon of Wed Oct 1 works for me. We'll see what other people say. Thanks for getting this rolling guys!
P

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. Thanks Bahamutchild for the heads up. I'm fairly free with my time since I'm not working right now; just following my hubby around the country when he can't get home for a visit. I'll be in the Thumb, Michigan area the end of this month but I'll be home the first week in October.

Hopefully I'll see you all then.
:)
Elaine

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Currently the only suggestion is Newark, DE.

I was wondering if we might not do a side trip to Fair Hill, however. To write you must live, or so they say ;)

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
How did I miss this? I live just outside of Wilmington DE.
How many authors showed up? What was discussed?
Will the Oct gathering be in the morning, afternoon or evening?
C

Prawn

Registered
Reaction score
Right now we are planning to meet on a Wed afternoon. The four people who have shown interest so far can make it then. We met in Newark last time, at that seems pretty central if all people are coming from Delaware. If others come from PA, we may have to move it more to the West. The thread to find people is here. When we met on Wed there were only three of us.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We discussed several writing topics at the last meeting including story arc, beginnings, critiquing, etc. We also talked a bit about our WIPs and our struggles in writing.

:)

[email protected]

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hi!

Depending on the number, I was thinking about looking into an actual 'meeting room'. Public venues might prove challenging, for multiple reasons. Especially on Fridays. I believe the Newark Library has meeting rooms available.

We'll see.:)

Prawn

Registered
Reaction score
We could use my house as well, but Brew Ha Ha has better coffee!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
With absolutely no offense to your generous hospitality, Prawn, I think private homes are best avoided during public meetings. For one, it puts too much pressure on one member, for another it changes the atmosphere.

But if everyone floods to your house I'll be right behind them :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You got a problem, you take it up with Hurricane Hannah ;)

And Ike. And that other one.

Hm, maybe we need to plan a rain date :)

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Newark is a good location for me. Is this a social group? I ask because I wouldn't be able to participate in critiquing--too many commitments already.

Currently the only suggestion is Newark, DE.

I was wondering if we might not do a side trip to Fair Hill, however. To write you must live, or so they say ;)

I love Fair Hill, Bahamutchild! Will you be going to the International? I ask because I saw you posted in the horse thread. I've been to the International ever since they started the competitions, although I'm not sure I can make it this year.

Elaine

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, we happened to do some crit swaps last time, but as our group grows I don't think we'll be able to all trade stuff.

Tentatively I would suggest we spend an hour or two socially and anyone who wants to swap stuff can stick around for part II.

OMG, can you believe I've never been to Fair Hill International? Not properly anyways. I gotta email my friend and see if she's going. No excuses this year (I hope)

I hope you can make it this year!

[email protected]

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Good Day All!

For purposes of ease, I'd like to add all QUAD members and interested parties to my Google email Group titled, you guessed it: The QUAD. So if it's comfortable for you please: PM you email address, send me an email through AW(the senders address should show up) [email protected]. See? I ain't scaert! :D I'll still post here, though I believe communicating specifics via email is more practical.

Talk to ya!

~Michael

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Good Day All!

For purposes of ease, I'd like to add all QUAD members and interested parties to my Google email Group titled, you guessed it: The QUAD. So if it's comfortable for you please: PM you email address, send me an email through AW(the senders address should show up) [email protected]. See? I ain't scaert! :D I'll still post here, though I believe communicating specifics via email is more practical.

Talk to ya!

~Michael

LOL. And since my name really isn't Elaine Margarett, neither am I!

Elaine <g>

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Umm, just wondering Michael what the picture is of your avatar. (Do I have the correct term?)

I'm on dial-up which means graphics are pretty crappy. Is your picture of a ...nipple?

EM,
ducking

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
Wednesday afternoon is good for me. Where (Brew Ha Ha?) and at what time?
C

Right now we are planning to meet on a Wed afternoon. The four people who have shown interest so far can make it then. We met in Newark last time, at that seems pretty central if all people are coming from Delaware. If others come from PA, we may have to move it more to the West. The thread to find people is here. When we met on Wed there were only three of us.

Prawn

Registered
Reaction score
citymouse, we are talking about October 1st. Last time we met at 3:30 at Brew Ha Ha in Newark. If we have few people, we may meet there again. If we are many, we may meet elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.