Not open for further replies.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
2011 was the Fangster year of World Domination.

I move that 2012 be the year of Fangster Conquests.

Second that.

Now we need a super mod to change the room name. Or move us to new, bigger digs so we have room for all these awards.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to do an image search for my cover details for BINSIDLY, but it's turned into a game of "Bang Kill Marry".

Oh, to phooey with it. I really can't find any representative stock photos but I've described it as best I can and it won't be the first time I put my full trust in a cover artist to be pleased with the results.

Last edited:

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just curious, do any MUSA authors also do their own covers (cover art) or are covers usually picked for them?

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Authors at Musa work with their cover artists. We take the author's ideas and work from that base.

At the moment, we contractually do not permit authors to do their own cover art. That doesn't mean it'll never happen. Some authors might get that permission. but while we're building our branding--no.

And yet, Musa authors have more input into their covers than any other publisher that I know of.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
And yet, Musa authors have more input into their covers than any other publisher that I know of.

For Hard Bargain, I showed the cover artist an example of a Mills & Boon Riva cover (I adore their covers) and asked her if she could incorporate similar design elements into mine. She did, beautifully!

Last edited:

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Just curious, do any MUSA authors also do their own covers (cover art) or are covers usually picked for them?

Authors at Musa work with their cover artists. We take the author's ideas and work from that base.

Musa authors have more input into their covers than any other publisher that I know of.

I can 100% support what Celina's said here. I had a rough idea for my cover, did a bit of Googling for images and let the Art people at Musa have the links along with a few crappy shots I took on my phone. I described what I was thinking of and a few weeks later, I had my cover. See sig - it's around a zillion times better than I described or imagined.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need to do that, but it'll have to wait a couple of weeks. I have...bills to pay. I also need to make sure with my surgeon that a con two months after surgery won't kill me. Literally.

Wait, how did I miss this?

You were able to get the surgery after all, or you're going to get the surgery still? I don't remember any recent updates on the insurance issues.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Long story short_ part of the surgery was approved, but not the part I really need to have done. So the insurance is paying some, and I am paying the rest. maybe. I actually might be having to put this back until the spring.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i can haz cuvurz artz nao kthnxbai

Watch this space --> [>>>]

I saw your cover around 2 am this morning. I'm thinking that you probably love this cover more than the first one, yes?
Very much. It's a great balance of cool and warm colors. J'approve! Or something.

(Oh, MY GOD. That's my name on the cover! :cry:)

Last edited:

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Long story short_ part of the surgery was approved, but not the part I really need to have done. So the insurance is paying some, and I am paying the rest. maybe. I actually might be having to put this back until the spring.

Ah, I see. Sorry to hear that miss M. I was hoping they'd eventually come through for you as far as the entire amount. Or at least the part your back needs most.

I keep finding more books and websites online about specific back exercises that help move disks back into place by strengthening certain muscle groups.

Would any of those be doable for you, or is there simply too much scar tissue (and the disk has moved too far) for any type of exercises to help move it closer to where it should be?

I was curious as to how flexible you are, or if you can't even attempt certain exercises anymore do to the pain.

Just wish there was something more we could suggest to help you reduce the daily pain load.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my broken disc is a quarter of a million dollar artificial titanium disc, and since it's now broken off from its moorings, so to speak, I have to be extremely careful about what I do. So lying flat, no lifting over five pounds, no extended walking, no car rides longer than 30 minutes--just...nothing. Literally nothing. If the disc slides one way, it could sever my spinal cord. If it slides the other way, it could sever major blood vessels and I'd bleed to death.

So, nope. Nothing like that is in the cards for me.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Since this thread has grown quite sizable, a new version will be created to take its place and will be up soon.

ETA: The latest installment can be found here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.