Christmas 2008 is coming

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I've purchased two Christmas ornaments for friends, so I guess I've started the shop. I hope I get it all done early this year and don't wait till the last moment like I did last year.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I think I purchased my first Christmas '08 gift back in June. I just hope I can find it come December.

SHOP NOW! I have zero sympathy for people running around on Christmas Eve, in a tizzy because they haven't found the perfect present for Uncle Albert. You've got four months, so don't waste 'em.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I've purchased two Christmas ornaments for friends, so I guess I've started the shop. I hope I get it all done early this year and don't wait till the last moment like I did last year.

Aww, thx much, joycey. I knew you'd get me one that's all chocolate. :D

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
It's ok among friends, Sassy, but I think it should be a capital offense for retailers to mention Christmas before Thanksgiving is over. :tongue

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Why must you all remind me of Christmas 2008. I am still recovering from the familial nightmare of Christmas 2007.

Come to think of it, Christmas 1973 wasn't so hot either. Now I'm depressed.

Richard

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ACK!

:e2thud:

Make her stop... someone... I can't deal with Christmas yet....

If I had known Jehovah's Witnesses didn't celebrate holidays, I would have become one years ago.

Why do I always find out these things ... late.

Oh, well. Better late than never. :D

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Christmas. Yep. I just started talking to my family about what we're going to do. (We have all these traditions that have to be modified for certain reasons....)

Anyhoo, we try to keep the holyday/holiday in perspective. "Try" is the key word. :D

It is strange, though, listening to the crickets chirp their way into our basement, seeing the fireflys outside the windows knocking into the screens, to think that winter and Christmas is only four months away.

(Hey, Sass. Didn't you bring this up last year? And the year before that? And the year before that? :ROFL: Only kidding.)

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Heh-- in retail, it's been "Christmas" since the middle of July... Yeah, working at a major supercenter really warped my sense of holidays and seasons.

I do all my holiday shopping Thanksgiving weekend (at the sales? NOOOOO... remember, I work in retail!) online. My christmas shopping arrives in little boxes on my doorstep. Not too early, but early enough for "holiday shipping" (strap it to the back of the sedated snail.)

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Ever notice the connection between Walmart clearance isles and shopper psychosis? Fahhhreeeaky. It gets worse during Christmas shopping season.

Gehanna

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
It's not even Labor Day and you're talking about Christmas. That's just so ... so ... WRONG. :(

What about all the poor neglected holidays between now and then? Halloween, Thanksgiving, Veteran's Day, et. al. What about them? Huh? I think you've hurt their feelings. :(

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Or Christmas morning if you have enough cash in your wallet to dole out.

That's what the early morning ATM dash is for.

People know better than to expect presents from me. I might pick them up something but the odds are against it. Their fault for not following when I moved countries. Buggered if I'm paying for presents and international postage.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's not even Labor Day and you're talking about Christmas. That's just so ... so ... WRONG. :(

What about all the poor neglected holidays between now and then? Halloween, Thanksgiving, Veteran's Day, et. al. What about them? Huh? I think you've hurt their feelings. :(
Oh, Halloween's there. The decorations are already going up for sale. Went to two malls a few weeks ago, each with a with Yankee Candle Company. YCC is advertising a set called "The Spooky Bunch" or something like that. Complete with window photos in a 3x3 grid. Same font as the "The Brady Bunch". Somebody kill me now. You don't even have to wait until I'm asleep. I'm ready to feel Death's sweet kiss.

Didn't help they were advertising DVDs earlier this year as "...THE PERFECT EASTER GIFT..." Dude, there is a historical reason behind the gift giving at Christmas. Don't let a marketing department try to create one for Easter.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Friends and Family -

Please don't send any thing for Christmas. Do not buy any thing.
Homemade cookies are acceptable if you feel you must indulge.

I am currently getting rid of things. No more things.
Comestibles are always welcome - they don't linger.

Sincerely,

The Cat Herd
>''<

P.S. Jaycinth - the cookies last year were wonderful - as always. ;)
Maybe this year I can get some up to you - if the cows don't run dry.