Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine13

Mom by day, writer by night!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
Thanks to someone who posted a "must check out" link, I visited www.autocrit.com and am very interested in purchasing one of the memberships, however I wanted to try the free trial version just to see what the layout looked like, etc, to see how it worked. Well, I keep getting an internal server error. The lady in charge of the site isn't back until Sept. 2 so I have to sit and wait until then I guess. So while I'm waiting I figured why not ask if anyone else has used this service and your thoughts/opinions about it?

Thanks!

-CC

Sunshine13

Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
Well turns out I'm just an idiot. I figured I'd register and login, and after I did that it works. :D

Viral

Incoherant author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shiresu.net
I tried out the sample one. It looks like a very neat program... I'll have to sign up for this. :)

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
It was probably me who recommended it.

I used it when it was a free program. Developed by a Vancouver writer, I believe she sold it so now they charge for it. I'm not sure how much. It used to be $15 a year which is peanuts for what you get.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll love it.

Sunshine13

Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
Now they have different types of membership. It varies I think from $20-$100 a year. I'm getting the $50 one because of the pacing program and something else I forget at the moment. The next step above that is the Premium, which is $100 because you can send in your entire manuscript versus only 8K words at a time. Convinient, but for me not worth $50 more, I'm willing to take time lol.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
You may have had too many words in your first tests with the free version.

It is good at picking out obvious problems, and easier to use than most of the analysis software I clunk along with. I won't pay for the service because I have time to do it the hard way -- more time than money. But I can't say anything against it. It is well-designed, gives an objective view of the mechanics of writing. Like any software tool, its recommendations have to be weighed against the writer's intentions.

Sunshine13

Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
Thanks Matera! Nah it wasn't the word count thing, I just wasn't logged in. It never even gave me a chance to put in text, as soon as I clicked on the link to try it out it gave me internal server error. But when I got the brains and logged in it worked just fine.

And I totally agree with you, if I had the time I'd probably do it the hard way. But I just don't. I plan on putting it to use next week when kiddo starts preschool. :D

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
The open-to-all free trial one has a limit of 800 words. I've used it a few times. It marked some "repetitions" that I had used on purpose, but it also pointed out a real booger that I had never noticed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.