AW is an Amazon Affiliate and an Amazon UK affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a
voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

online thriller school

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Check out booktour.com

Threaded View

Check out booktour.com

Booktour.com is a great free site I was happily surprised to find myself already on. If you are interested, you can go to their website and read about it to sign up.

Booktour is basically a comprehensive calendar of author events. I discovered it when I found my bookstore launch event for Accordion Dreams--scheduled for next January!--was already up there and circulating on the web.

(Apparently they automatically list any events scheduled at independent booksellers that are part of "Indiebound"...formerly BookSense).

Anyone with a published book can set up an account, at no cost. If you have published a book, you may even be there already. You can set up (or "claim") an account and add to the page they have already started. You can add a bio, photo, web site links, reviews.

As a reader, you can also check out touring authors in your community.

All in all, it's pretty cool, and the price is certainly right.

Blair
    Last edited by Susan B; 08-19-2008 at 01:31 AM.
    Accordion Dreams: A Journey into Cajun and Creole Music, University Press of Mississippi (January '09). Now available!

Visit my author site!

My revised 2008 NaNoWriMo novel, The Music Camp Murders (84,000 words) is now officially a trunk novel.

Working on a memoir about ethnic roots, family secrets, and a famous writer who died under mysterious circumstances.