History Hunters Weekend Reports

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
He does, finally! Introducing Edwin Mayhew, a sickly-looking redhead with a straggly moustache and symptoms of overt Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He bites his fingernails and belongs to a conservative "charitable" organisation which goes around being nasty to London street-walkers...
As you can imagine, my MC just loves him...

If I am to be included in your roman, please ensure that I am depicted in a sympathetic and attractive manner as becomes my station. I should warn you that I have recourse to lawyers and will not hesitate to call on same if the situation demands. In addition, I would point out that my "sickly-looking" appearance is due in no small part to my having contracted an infectious ague as a child, and any such disparaging reference may reasonably be taken by the public at large as an unwarranted and indefensible attack on one afflicted and in no position to defend himself.

I remain your humble and obedient servant,

E. Mayhew III

Steam&Ink

sekrit superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Bottom-right hand side of the map. Tucked away dow
Website
steamandink.blogspot.com
If I am to be included in your roman, please ensure that I am depicted in a sympathetic and attractive manner as becomes my station. I should warn you that I have recourse to lawyers and will not hesitate to call on same if the situation demands. In addition, I would point out that my "sickly-looking" appearance is due in no small part to my having contracted an infectious ague as a child, and any such disparaging reference may reasonably be taken by the public at large as an unwarranted and indefensible attack on one afflicted and in no position to defend himself.

I remain your humble and obedient servant,

E. Mayhew III

Arghh - he lives!
I always suspected I owned Stephen King's Word Processor of the Gods...

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2zzz: Huh? What? Oh.
:e2writer:
Has it really been over a year since anybody's had anything to report? I know I was procrastinating (and stuck) and spending my time learning music instead of writing, but... everyone?

Anyway, I thought I'd jump in to say my Muse appeared last week and wants me to drop everything else to write. Cheeky wench. I finally got a whole four pages done.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
I've quit SF and decided to do Historicals. Why does it show that I'm misspelling the word.

So my story is going to be about the Hernando de Soto expedition. My MC is one Luis de Moscoso who was Soto's field marshal and lead the expedition after Soto's death. He stayed in New Spain, aka Mexico, and lived with his cousin, Leanor de Alvarado, illegally. They had a son and he eventually married her.

My main source as of now is Knights of Spain, Warriors of the Sun: Hernando de Soto and the South's Ancient Chiefdoms by Charles Hudson

I'm also looking for the first hand and second hand documents of the expedition written by:
Rodrigo Rangel: Soto's secretary
Luys Hernandez de Biedra: royal factor for the expedition
The Portuguese gentleman, Elvas
Garcilaso de la Vega: aka El Inca

Hope I can join you all here.