The Self Addressed Stamped Envelope

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeprosnepsid

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone every gotten a bite on their query returned in their self addressed stamped envelope? Or can I pretty much assume it's a no as soon as I see my own handwriting?

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, the process works. Sometimes they respond via email instead of using your SASE, though. For me, it helps to have a realistic attitude about it. I send out lots and lots of queries and expect lots and lots of rejections. I have to laugh and celebrate each one.

A published author may have different results, of course.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
My second acceptance - and check - came in the SASE I provided with my spec article. I remember turning to my hound dog and saying, "Great, another rejection." Then I opened it, and the next thing you know I was doing the happy dance!

And, uh, yeah, I do talk to my dog. A lot.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Query

zeprosnepsid said:
Has anyone every gotten a bite on their query returned in their self addressed stamped envelope? Or can I pretty much assume it's a no as soon as I see my own handwriting?

Depending on the area, literally hundreds. Most often it's been article queries for magazines, but a few short story queries have been answered this way.

But I would suggest you avoid writing in longhand and either print directly on the envelope, or use printed labels.

Professionalism can be important, and rightly or wrongly, handwritten addresses can give a bad first impression.

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
zeprosnepsid said:

I got a request for partial on my novel in my SSAE.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Oh yeah, I get requests all the time in my own SASE. Acceptance, however, usually comes from email or company stationery.

zeprosnepsid

Registered
Reaction score
thanks everyone!

so acceptances/requests do sometimes come back in your own envelopes. Now I will wait till I actually open the envelope until I feel dissapointed (or not!) =)

I'm only waiting one on novel query from my last batch though -- time to send out some more!

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. I've had contracts sent back (along with rejections!) in mine. Always open them, just in case.

rich

Arrowqueen, I think the reason you get rejections is because of your typewriter. Do you realize you're limiting yourself by typing on a machine with only twelve keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.