dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I can appreciate the overwhelming temptation to reply to Ace's... statements.

But do bear in mind please that this is The One & Only Inktip Super Thread

-Derek

ricetalks

Registered
Reaction score
Yes. Back to Inktip. There are certainly bonafide, functioning companies that are looking for screenplays and screenplay writers on this website and in their leads. I know this because I have seen leads in the newsletter that are companies that I recognize and I know their work.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
In a bit of an InkTip aside, I paid the $25 bucks for the preferred letter over a year ago now, and it was for June and July of last year.

Then they extended my subscription. Then extended it again.

I'm still getting it.

I did get a contact out of the blue, but didn't respond to it. (That story is in another thread here somewhere.) But that might have been the one, I might have blown it. I'll never know because I didn't respond.

ricetalks

Registered
Reaction score
Well, you do have to use your caution and instinct because, certainly, all of the companies that are listed are not worth while. But there are certainly many legit companies that are serious about getting work done.

Wtrailer

Registered
Reaction score
InkTip?

I just signed up. Anyone have any stories to share about this? Very curious to read others' experiences.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you done a simple search for InkTip? I don't remember a thread dedicated to InkTip, but it's been mentioned several times over the years.

dennis7490

Registered
Reaction score
Good "place." I've had two options through INKTIP. 1rst one died of natural Hollywood causes, and 2nd one is very alive with a director and A list star attached. So, we'll see. But well worth the effort. For the money you just can't beat it.

WriteKnight

Arranger Of Disorder
Registered
Reaction score
30,000 light years from Galactic Central Point.
I find the most useful element of INKTIP to be the newsletter. GO ahead and list your script on the site, it may or may not lead to some hits. I don't bother with the mail out desktop 'logline' catalog - I've seen it, not impressed. But the weekly newsletter is handy for knowing SPECIFICALLY if there are people looking for your type of script.

Most of the proco's on InkTip are small to mid-level, with SOME big ones 'lurking' - usually anonymously. The newsletter will list companies or agents looking for specific types of projects. "Looking for horror film set in a house by a lake" - "Looking for RomCOM for male lead in his forties" - "Looking for action script by CANADIAN writer, funding in place" - That sort of thing. The good thing about the tipsheet is, these are 'hot' leads. These are people (usually) with funding and resources - perhaps a star or specific location - in hand, and ready to exploit them. IF your script meets their needs - you'll at least get a request for a lead. This is a more focused approach - than shotgunning it out. Of course, if you've got more than one script - of more than one type - you're in a better position. And by 'type' that can mean the same genre - horror - but different budgets. Say you've got a horror script with car crashes, explosions, and gorgeous locations - AND you've got one that takes place in a limited location with six actors. You're more likely to hit a 'request' if you've got more than one script ready to go.

It's not a lot of money to spend for tips. That's my opinion.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Have you done a simple search for InkTip? I don't remember a thread dedicated to InkTip, but it's been mentioned several times over the years.

Yeah we used to get lots of inktip threads so we combined them into this one. Merging a'now...