What would you rather do than...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelancholyMan

Wear Thick Armor
Registered
Reaction score
... go to work tomorrow?

I'd rather split open my cranium with a dirty oyster shucker then spoon out my brain with a melon-ball scoop than sit in front of a computer and work on satellite guidance algorithms.

AAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH!:mad: :eek: :e2zzz: :Headbang: :e2drown: :e2cry: :rant: :sleepy: :cry: :e2bummed:

-MM

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
That sounds about right, though I'm redesigning a website written in classic ASP to ASP.NET 3.5 for a boss who changes his mind about how the front page will look every single time he views the site. So nearly three months after starting the job, I still haven't put anything into production.

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
Gee, MM, that sounds awful. :scared:

Can't say I have it so bad. Though I'm not looking forward to the work-week, I'm self-employed and have no reason to complain. Still have work to do, though, as much as I'd rather be working on my WIP. Plus I need to finish the latest round of revisions my agent asked for, and I'd rather do that than design ads and format a book for a big accounting firm. Sigh. Must pay rent. Must buy food. :e2hammer:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Nyaah-nyaah-nah-nyaah-nyaah!

I'm a teacher and it's SUMMER VACATION! So I don't have to go to work. Ha, ha, yay for me!

(Of course, there's this MS that was supposed to be finished last month, and I still have 4 chapters to go, and maybe the first one is going to get rewritten AGAIN, and since I don't have to go to work I have no excuse for not being finished yet....But still...)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
At this exact moment, I'd rather spork my own eyes out than be here. I'm tired of corporate idiocy.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Don't mean to be the fly in the ointment, but as a general rule I like my job. Although today I have to sit on a horrific conference call at 1pm which is the epuivalent of sporking my eyes out, Tas, so I can commiserate.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Spork - inbreeding between a spoon and a fork. Not much good as either implement.

MelancholyMan

Wear Thick Armor
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds about right, though I'm redesigning a website written in classic ASP to ASP.NET 3.5 for a boss who changes his mind about how the front page will look every single time he views the site. So nearly three months after starting the job, I still haven't put anything into production.

Yes, I told them months ago that we needed to do it one way but they decided to do it another. Guess what? It turns out I was

a) right
b) wrong
c) it doesn't matter because either way I have to do the analysis

-MM

Status
Not open for further replies.