My Goal!! To Be Published!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Fletcher

My ideal goal in writing is obviously to be published, one that you rpobably here a lot on here.

I have wrote a few short stories and put them forward to actual writers who have told me I have potential and that I should try working on something a bit more in-depth with a bit more length to it.

So to achieve my goal I intend on writing my own novel and putting that forward to publishers and see where it goes from there. I can take rejection so that would be no problem for me, I just have to persist and eventually something will happen!!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Sounds like you're on the right track. My advice for writers is to write, write, read, write, write, read. And I also think it's a great idea to submit short stories if you have any written. It's good to get your feet wet in the publishing world before you reach for the gold star. One foot in front of the other. Oh, and have you taken any writing courses or read any how-to writing books. You will take something from each thing you immerse yourself in. No time reading about writing is wasted time. Good luck getting published!

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
And by joining a forum such as this one, you've ensured that you'll be surrounded by published writers who'll inspire and motivate you to reach your goals.

Good Luck! :Thumbs:

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
Welcome, Nick!

Hit up the Learn Writing with Uncle Jim thread in the Novels forum. There is sooooo much valuable information there, it's definitely worth the time it will take you to read it all! Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!

Melina

SeanDSchaffer

Nick, it sounds like you've got a pretty good plan.:Thumbs:

My advice: stick to it... and listen to the other writers on forums like this one. Their experiences will definitely help you out.

:Lecture:

And one more thing: never, ever give up. You never know when that 'Soon to be' phrase will be happily removed from your signature line, but if you never give up... well, you know the rest.

:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.