• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] eXtasy Books, Inc.

Isis234

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone heard about Extasys Books? Any pointers?
Thanks,
Isis

Happy Jack

Registered
Reaction score
Extasy Books - Anyone got any knowledge on their rep??

Hey guys,

Anyone got any info - good or bad - on Extasy Books?

Contracts?
Editing?
Sales?
Honesty?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Jack

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
The existing thread is here: <snipped>

(Which means a mod will come along and merge soon. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone got any info - good or bad - on Extasy Books?

Contracts?
Editing?
Sales?
Honesty?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Jack

I'm contracted with Extasy and I'm quite happy with them. Their editing is fine and usually goes through two or three rounds depending on how tight the book is when you start. I have noticed little errors sometimes on two occasions my books went out, but they are good about fixing them when I point them out.

My sales started off at about a hundred when I published my first book and snowballed from there with each subsequent release. It isn't paying my bills, but the cash is nice.

They do insist on breaking up longer works into series of novellas when I first started, which didn't bother me but some people may not like.

My books are everywhere I can think of in terms of distribution, and have been reviewed by M/M reviewers in the genre.

I have never done any any self-promo (I'm trying to fix that) but my books are out there and selling, so IMO Extasy is doing something right.

Royalty payments are prompt and come monthly for sales off the site and quarterly for third party sellers. Statements always come 10 days after the payment.

Hope this was helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Happy Jack

Registered
Reaction score
I'm contracted with Extasy and I'm quite happy with them. Their editing is fine and usually goes through two or three rounds depending on how tight the book is when you start. I have noticed little errors sometimes on two occasions my books went out, but they are good about fixing them when I point them out.

My sales started off at about a hundred when I published my first book and snowballed from there with each subsequent release. It isn't paying my bills, but the cash is nice.

They do insist on breaking up longer works into series of novellas when I first started, which didn't bother me but some people may not like.

My books are everywhere I can think of in terms of distribution, and have been reviewed by M/M reviewers in the genre.

I have never done any any self-promo (I'm trying to fix that) but my books are out there and selling, so IMO Extasy is doing something right.

Royalty payments are prompt and come monthly for sales off the site and quarterly for third party sellers. Statements always come 10 days after the payment.

Hope this was helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.

This helps hugely.

I've just contracted with them, and with all the flux in the MM world right now, I was having me a mini freak out.

What's this Zumaya stuff all about? Is it the same publishing house?

Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know much about Zumaya, unfortunately. All my dealings have been with Extasy.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I have an e-book with Extasy. I'm not selling many copies, but they have a way to work within their system which sounds like a sort of community and that may or may not help sell books. They call it the "loop" and I confess I've never even visited. I'm told that starting last year (mine was pubbed a couple of years ago) any book over 20k will be available in print.

And even though I'm not a big seller, they're responsive. No emails or questions go unaddressed. I think my big problem was my book was not really Erotica. My editor suggested a few times that I ramp up the sex, but I thought there was plenty, so I never did. Their editing process was exhaustive.