Test thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all you AW Idol maniacs! With Jenna's kind permission, I have set up this special forum for the finalists to post their entries. We are using it to try out some interesting vBulletin features.

If I have set everything up properly ... stop laughing, you guys ... anyway, if I did everything right, everyone should be able to view this forum, but only the Finalists (and admins & mods) will be able to post in here.

So -- to test my far-fetched theory, feel free to try to put a post in this thread and we'll monitor what happens. If everything works as planned, I'll delete this thread before the next round, then Jenna will start a Round 2 thread, then a Round 3 and so on.

This way, everyone can come here to view the entries as we move along, keeping them out of the main threads in the parent AW Idol forum.

Okay? Have at 'er!!

PS -- I was going to delete this thread, but it turned out to be quite entertaining, so I'll leave it alone.

Last edited:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First success: I have conducted a test by having a regular user try to post, and this user could not. Perfect!

So now all we need is to see if the finalists can post here. Go for it, o talented ones!

Brad05

Registered
Reaction score
Here we go! Testing testing. ChunkyC in his alter-ego persona here. It works for Brad. Hmmm, but William and truman can't post. What does Brad know that they don't?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're okay, Jenna. Admins, no problem. Brad added to the AW Finalist group, no problem. William and truman can't post. I'm comparing their settings right now and they are both Super Members, whereas Brad isn't. I'll make Brad a Super member and test that config.

Brad05

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, now this is nuts. I've made Brad a super-member, and he can post just fine. What am I missing?

Hang tough for now, finalists. I'll dig into the settings and see what's going on. Look here in a little bit for another post from me asking you to try again.

Thanks for your help and patience.

UPDATE: all the posts made by Finalists who are also super-members were awaiting moderation. Which means Jenna or I have to go into our control panels and validate them before they appear. That's not too elegant. So we need to look at why posts by only those in the AW Finalist group who are also super-members require moderation.

Don'tcha just love computers?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to hold off on going A-HA! until I see the results here, but I think I found the setting.

Try again, if you please. Brad will have a go as well.

CC

Brad05

Registered
Reaction score
Ta-DAAAAAAA!!!!!

emoteJump.gif

emoticonthankyou.gif

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You knew what it was all along, didn't you, Jenna?
rolleyes.gif
You were just having too much fun watching me fumble around!
wink.gif

So -- are all you finalists into using this forum for your entries?

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm tho happy! I gotta go for my daily walk. Y'all play for a bit in here, beebaksoon.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
A poem! From William! He emerges!

Should I be able to post in here?

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Zach. You don't love boobies, who are you trying to fool? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.