Sh*t-stirrers

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
elodie.the.writer.tripod.com
What do you think of them?

I'm on about the kind of people who come sneaking up to you, in real life or via e-mail, and tell you that someone has been dissing you.
As far as I'm concerned, why do these people come and tell you, why don't they turn around and defend you to the person dissing you, instead of come running to you? The people that tell you these things are cowards, they line up the bullets and wait for you to fire, instead of defending you.
If I went around telling everybody things that had been said about them, I would wear my fingers and my jaw out, but I don't tell them, unless it's life-threatening, what's the use?!

:rant::Soapbox:

Rant over...

Elodie

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Actually I don't mind if someone tells me something someone else has said. I will contact the person first person and set the record straight. Or if the person who told me doesn't want to tell me the name, I ask them to set the record straight.

ONe thing about living in a small town some people (okay, the town drunks) have nothing else to do than to gossip and apparently they'll just make it up. Jeez. No lifers.

Course, Elodie-Caroline, if people telling you this ticks you off, you had a good comeback in your comment: "why don't they turn around and defend you to the person dissing you."

If you want to watch these good samaritans squirm, ask them, "Well, how did you defend me?"

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I've reached the point where my response has become. "No kidding? They said that? Let's go ask them." Followed by "Hey, he/she says that you said....."

Once or twice of that, in a crowded room, and both of them stop.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
"Pff, doesn't surprise me. You should hear what he/she says about you."
That's been my honest return a couple of times.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It depends: if it's my friends involved then hell yeah I'm going to tell them what people are saying, and defend them as well because they need to know about it if the person talking jazz about them is going to try to pretend everything's okay when they meet face to face. Likewise, if somebody's talking about me behind my back but pretending to be cool to my face I want to know about this. We don't have to have a confrontation, I just don't want to associate with this person...

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
It depends: if it's my friends involved then hell yeah I'm going to tell them what people are saying, and defend them as well because they need to know about it if the person talking jazz about them is going to try to pretend everything's okay when they meet face to face. Likewise, if somebody's talking about me behind my back but pretending to be cool to my face I want to know about this. We don't have to have a confrontation, I just don't want to associate with this person...

I'm the same way. I also try to make sure that if I say anything about someone else that it's something I can own up to.

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Only if you want to know what he said about you too... :tongue

So you don't want to know what haggis said about you.

For everyone else. Let's face it, we all gossip, don't we. For myself, if someone said something about a person I liked, and I didn't think it was very nice or true, I would tell them so. I wouldn't go running back to the other person and telling them without me defending them first. I would expect the same done for me too. I don't actually care if people diss me behind my back, but I would much rather them do it to my face though, because I can certainly defend myself. I suspect that's why they don't do it to my face in the first place hehehe :D

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Ug. I can't stand that kind of bullshit. Reminds me of junior high.

Last time someone told me that I was being talked about I told them "I don't care." She was stunned. Truth is, I don't care. If someone doesn't have the balls to say stuff to my face, I'm really not concerned about their opinion.

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
That's exactly how I feel about it too. Someone contacted me last night and said I was being insulted by someone else. I told them, 'Who cares?' Okay, this posting shows that I do, but it's more about the messenger than the actual fact that someone was dissing me. What you don't know, doesn't hurt you.

Last time someone told me that I was being talked about I told them "I don't care." She was stunned. Truth is, I don't care. If someone doesn't have the balls to say stuff to my face, I'm really not concerned about their opinion.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I know if someone was about to tell me what someone else said about me, I'd want to know, but I would also wonder why the person is telling me and whether it's to make me feel badly or to help me. I don't think I'd like them too much, unless, of course, it was praise. :)

PS I wonder what happened to our sig pics?

Last edited:

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score

I second this; furthermore, I wash my hands of both parties. I hated high school drama crap, why, at 43, would I want a repeat venture? Ick. No. My step mother was a vicious gossip--anyone know a good voodoo queen? As a result, she's alienated herself, not once, but four times, each time having to sell their house so they could move to a new neighborhood & have a fresh start. Translation: fresh victims.

I don't play the he said/she said madness. If you've done something to irritate me, or something that I find exquisite, I'll tell you. I expect the same in return. Respect yourself. Period. Gossipers don't respect themselves; how can you expect them to respect you? I've also found that those that are eager to tell you so & so was talking about you had quite a bit to say about you as well. Pfff. Nope. They both get the boot.