• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Fox Literary Agency (Diana Fox)

Avery Grey

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query on the 21st December and a follow up on the 19th January and still heard absolutely nothing. I'm not entirely sure how to proceed without seeming *push* which, as an Englishwoman is the worst thing imaginable. We queue for tea, for goodness sake ;)

I queried Diana on Feb. 9, received very kind rejection and "I encourage you to submit elsewhere" Feb 28.

Singers

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I should have updated. The same rejection. So sorry you didn't get a 'full' ask.

americantypo

Registered
Reaction score
Got the request for a full and an coming up on the 3 month mark. Anyone have any idea on what kind of time frame she has these days responding to full manuscripts? I feel like it's ok to follow up at the 3 month mark but am guessing it'll be longer than that to get an answer.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'd say follow up, but be prepared to wait much longer. She tends to respond to nudges, at least. Her wait time was one reason I wasn't eager to contact her on my latest project, even though she's very friendly and expressed an interest in my future works.

dianafox

Registered
Reaction score
New agent & updated submission guidelines

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that Isabel Kaufman has joined Fox Literary as an agent. You can find out more about Isabel and what she's looking for on her PM page here: https://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/isabelkaufman/

Our new submission guidelines: Please email a query letter and the first 5 pages of your manuscript IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL to submissions at foxliterary dot com. Please include the name of the agent to whom the submission is directed in the salutation of your email.

*You may query both Diana and Isabel simultaneously, but you must send separate queries to each rather than a single query addressed to both.* (Otherwise we can't guarantee both of us will see it, so you may just get a response from whoever read it first!) With all submissions, we may jointly review and determine which agent we think will be the best fit for a project.

We make every effort to reply to all email queries, but no longer accept hard copy submissions. Please don't send unsolicited email attachments, as we will be unable to open or respond to messages containing them.

Fox Literary does not represent screenplays, category Westerns, Christian/inspirational, or children's picture books.

Hope you're all staying safe and coping as well as possible during these interesting times!

- Diana

Last edited:

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Diana Fox with an MG fantasy: 7/27/22.
Rejection: 9/5/22