I have two blobs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyondian

musker vyusher
Registered
Reaction score
As far as I can pick up - they used to have these blobs at the bottom of each post to indicate how many rps people had. The more rps the more blobs. What happened to that, d'ya think?

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Yes, we did used to have green "blobs" under our names indicating how much reputation we had. To some of us it didn't make any difference, but there were . . . some . . . whose very existence and sanity hinged on getting as many rep points as quickly as possible. The "bonk" threads sprang up and suddenly nearly everyone had five blobs under their names.

I had one and a half.

Anyway, there were apparently hurt feelings and anger when people weren't getting enough rep points and blobs, and soon the program was eliminated.

And that's the story.

allen

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think when Opti originally wrote the subject line he may have been gazing at his navel, or somewhat below it...

underthecity's right. Many people's widdle feewings were hurt when a thread for bonking (giving unwarranted rep points) rivalled House of Love in size, and all its regular participants amassed points out the wazoo. Meanwhile, people who were not as popular or playful but provided insight and information when they could had hardly any points.

I know because I cwied and cwied, since I wasn't in either group.

Mawyn, who's become fond of the speech impediment cweated for this message

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
The blobs were small green squares. You started with one square and got added squares as your rep points piled up. People went point-crazy chasing the almighty blob. Blobs are still there in some technical sense (mousing at them under the "Posts: ___" line shows how long the row of them is), but they don't show.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, the blobs are still there under the "Posts" under each members location, but have been rendered invisible. You received a blob for every hundred rep points.

The great fallout and debate about the rep points is here:

The Great Rep Debate

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
underthecity said:
Yes, we did used to have green "blobs" under our names indicating how much reputation we had. To some of us it didn't make any difference, but there were . . . some . . . whose very existence and sanity hinged on getting as many rep points as quickly as possible. The "bonk" threads sprang up and suddenly nearly everyone had five blobs under their names.

I had one and a half.

Anyway, there were apparently hurt feelings and anger when people weren't getting enough rep points and blobs, and soon the program was eliminated.

And that's the story.

allen

egotestical woosies

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rob-rite said:
This thread's still alive? Phew, some things never change!!!

Watch out, Rob. Someone might bonk you.

LightShadow

defender of the blahs!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
brokenfingers said:
Yes, the blobs are still there under the "Posts" under each members location, but have been rendered invisible. You received a blob for every hundred rep points.

Is that why mine says nothing? because I only have 22? come on, share the love......oh no, I'm addicted to blobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.