Searching for two graphic novels by story line

Platypus

Registered
Reaction score
I read a brilliant graphic novel story which I've lost and am trying to track it down. As I recall it was a short story, maybe 20 pages or so. I remembered it being an Adrian Tomine story, but paged through all my Tomine collections and didn't find it, so I guess not. The best I can recall the story: It takes place in middle-America. A young woman claims to have been raped (or sexually assaulted) at her job at night when no other employees or customers were there. She goes silent and doesn't speak to any of her friends. At one point one of her friends sees her and she bolts... Anger builds in the small town she lives in, centering on the alleged perps who are reported to have been racial minorities. In the end, text transcripts between the young woman and her sleazy boyfriend reveal that her bf put her up to the whole thing, convincing her to make false claims because he feared her father discovering their relationship.

The second is also a short story, and may be by the same author, (possibly from the same collection). It's also gone missing from my book shelf. The story line is a family goes on vacation. The father is dragging mom, his HS age daughter and younger (13ish) son on the trip. The kids are deadly bored. At one point the daughter catches her little brother masturbating while looking at her panties (or bra maybe?) and is horrified, and ceases speaking to her little brother, to the confusion of her parents. I believe there's also some flirting between the daughter and some sleazy guys they meet along the trip. The father explodes at one point in his disappointment and rage at how he's trying to give the family something and they're ungrateful. It's all a disaster.

These ring a bell with anyone?