Referencing past books

JayliaDarkness

Stepping through the Shadows
Registered
Reaction score
I plan to start querying soon and wondered how I should reference my past books in the query. I have twenty books published through multiple small presses. It seems like too much to list each one. Should I specify which publishers?

Thank you!

Ralph Rotten

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Website
rottenapplepublishing.com
List the ones that have lots of reviews (you will be sending email query so you can add links).
And give them a link to your page for the rest.
Just show them your best stuff, make sure there is something recent in the mix tho.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'd just say something like --

... have had more than a dozen books published, including Y and Z by AA press, and ... etc., listing a couple of the bigger houses and/or better-selling titles. Reviews are meaningless unless they're published reviews you didn't pay for (like your book landed a NYT book review or some such, but that'd be one you'd list by title, house, year, not linking the review. An agent can find it.).

JayliaDarkness

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!

Something like this?

Writing as Jordan Elizabeth, I have published twenty young adult novels through Curiosity Quills Press, Clean Reads, and CHBB. My short stories and poetry are published in multiple anthologies and online journals. I maintain an active social media life. Methods of marketing include newsletter swaps, ads, Instafreebie, promo images, book tours, teaching writing workshops, and making at least one book signing appearance per month. I’m a Head Start Teacher looking forward to growing my career and am always working on something new.

OR

Writing as Jordan Elizabeth, I have published twenty young adult novels, including TREASURE DARKLY and COGLING by Curiosity Quills Press, and ESCAPE FROM WITCHWOOD HOLLOW by CHBB. My short stories and poetry are published in multiple anthologies and online journals. I maintain an active social media life. Methods of marketing include newsletter swaps, ads, Instafreebie, promo images, book tours, teaching writing workshops, and making at least one book signing appearance per month. I’m a Head Start Teacher looking forward to growing my career and am always working on something new.

nostrovia

Lover of all things magical
Registered
Reaction score
I like the first one better. You don't want to clutter things up with titles that agents can easily access--with the help of link--if they're interested in learning more. Just knowing the names of the presses for your books is enough.
Good luck!

Thank you!

Something like this?

Writing as Jordan Elizabeth, I have published twenty young adult novels through Curiosity Quills Press, Clean Reads, and CHBB. My short stories and poetry are published in multiple anthologies and online journals. I maintain an active social media life. Methods of marketing include newsletter swaps, ads, Instafreebie, promo images, book tours, teaching writing workshops, and making at least one book signing appearance per month. I’m a Head Start Teacher looking forward to growing my career and am always working on something new.

OR

Writing as Jordan Elizabeth, I have published twenty young adult novels, including TREASURE DARKLY and COGLING by Curiosity Quills Press, and ESCAPE FROM WITCHWOOD HOLLOW by CHBB. My short stories and poetry are published in multiple anthologies and online journals. I maintain an active social media life. Methods of marketing include newsletter swaps, ads, Instafreebie, promo images, book tours, teaching writing workshops, and making at least one book signing appearance per month. I’m a Head Start Teacher looking forward to growing my career and am always working on something new.

JayliaDarkness

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the feedback!