• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for YA Paranormal Romance (with ghosts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice Grace

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for another round of betas for my YA, contemporary, paranormal romance. The main story is boy meets girl but there is also a minor m/m scene involved. 70 000 + words.

A short description:
Lily is a teenager who saw her first ghost at the age of 5. When she was 10 she started a new school, and mistook a ghost in the classroom for a real person. Turned out that talking to yourself in front of other children was a bad way to start a new school. At least if you were interested in ever getting friends.

As a teenager, Lily’s best friend is a ghost named Julien. Unfortunately, Julien’s younger brother, Jason, is one of Lily’s worst bullies. He takes after his older brother, his role model, who died with a secret Jason would never understand.

One day in class, the first ghost Lily ever met reappears. He is sitting there in the front row, looking exactly the same he did when she met him at the age of 5. Only he can’t be a ghost since everyone in class can see him as well.

You can also read the first chapter in this SYW thread:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6560619#post6560619

PM me if you’re interested.

/Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.