Are you watching the President’s broadcast tonight?

Watching?

• No

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Hell no

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Yes, and playing a drinking game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because it’s my duty

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So he’s asked his hated foe, The Media, to carry his address to the nation tonight.

If I were a betting man, I’d place a small bet on him giving Congress a deadline to fund his Wall, after which (if they don’t) he’ll declare a state of emergency and try to ram it through that way.

If I were a drinking man, I might take a shot every time he mentions “terrorists” or “big, beautiful wall” or “dishonorable Democrats”. That way I’d be drunk enough to be blotto through next year’s elections, assuming we still have them.

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe the pilot episode of Black Mirror again instead. (This joke brought to you by 2016)

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Glad my writers' group meets tonight, so I can't watch live. I am not even going to tape it, and am going to tune our TVs to channels that won't air it. I am so angry that in 2014 President Obama (who wouldn't have spewed nonstop lies) asked for prime time airtime to give a speech and was refused. I am operating mostly on rage these days (turns on that works for me).

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I won't be able to watch. Sorry, not sorry. I'll be far too busy celebrating David Bowie and his music this afternoon and tonight.

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
Not a chance. I very rarely listen to that wretched man even speak, much less watch him. What the hell is going to say that he hasn't already, and moreover, who believes anything he says?

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be at a city hall meeting trying to stop them building a huge indoor sports facility in our upland forest park.

What could he possibly say that we don't already know? I do hope the Democratic rebuttal uses the word "lie".

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a hell no. I will not watch or listen to him as he spews out his incoherent lies. Which will be quite easy since I'll be commuting home from work at that time. I get off work at 6 pm, and if I work it right, I'll be able to miss his lie-fest, but be in my car in time to hear the Pelosi/Schumer rebuttal on NPR (which I assume will be carrying the event).

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, I have another commitment. Usually I would watch something like this, though.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Will I watch as an apparent dictator in all but name pushes propaganda with the compliance of the "free press," continuing our national slide from leader of the free world to caricature dancing on the puppet strings of foreign powers and shadow interests?

Even if I had power and cable restored by then, that's a "not even if the alternative was being smothered by rabid weasels."

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I wonder if the speech itself is part of the deal to end the shutdown. I wonder if the deal has already been struck, Trump's been informed he's not going to get everything he wants, but with the speech he gets to look tough, please his base, then when the budget gets passed he can say he got more than the Dems wanted him to have, and his speech ended the shutdown.

Last edited:

carrie_ann

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I wonder if the speech itself is part of the deal to end the shutdown. I wonder if the deal has already been struck, Trump's been informed he's not going to get everything he wants, but with the speech he gets to look tough, please his base, then when the budget gets passed he can say he got more than the Dems wanted him to have, and his speech ended the shutdown.

That makes so much sense. I mean, not really, but in context. He has to save face now, he's far too egomanical to not at least give the appearance of "winning". And it strikes me as a very D.C. way of doing things. Now I'll be curious to see if you're right. But, no, not planning on watching.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Not a shot. I'll be very, very busy.

Washing my hair.

or watching Housewives.

or walking into a wasp nest.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be at a city hall meeting trying to stop them building a huge indoor sports facility in our upland forest park.

What could he possibly say that we don't already know? I do hope the Democratic rebuttal uses the word "lie".

If they don't I will.

Will I be watching? No, and not just "Hell no" I won't be watching, but HELL TO THE MOTHERFUCKIN' NAW 'CAUSE I GOT ZERO FUCKS TO GIVE FOR LYIN' ASS MOTHERFUCKERS LIKE THE ORANGE CHEETO. Oh, and fuck CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC and FUX NEWS because you are giving Trump the airtime in 2018 you denied Barack Obama's Black ass in 2014 and hell naw, I ain't forgettin' or forgivin'.

This message is lit and has been brought to you on fire :flamethrowerby Samuel L. Muthafuckin' Jackson and I approve this message. Do you think I care if you don't?

Charke

Registered
Reaction score
Now that I know Trump is talking, I might glance at it but as a Canadian, the less I pay attention to the craziness, the less stress there is but that's how I feel about most news - stuff out of my hands that I don't control.

- Mark Charke

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Listened to my meditation app instead. Self-care. He's bad for my mental health. (I'm serious.) Oh, that's a hell, no for me as well.