• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Historical romance 75k words, looking for beta or Crit partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faye DC

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for someone to beta my historical romance, about 75k words, set in 1673 New France. You can see the first chapter here to get an idea if you're interested (it has since been revised a bit but this gives you an idea of the style) : http://blog.millsandboon.co.uk/historicalheroes-3-faye-delacour-like-a-musketeer/

I am definitely looking for general comments on whether the flow, pacing, and character development work, but I would be thrilled if you also have more detailed comments or corrections to offer.

I have a very thick skin and I prefer to get completely honest critiques--no sugar-coating.

If you're interested in swapping critiques, let me know a bit about your work and post a link to examples of your work (or past feedback you've given on syw would be great too!). Or we could exchange a few chapters first to see how it goes.

-Faye

nadiam

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Faye,
Read your first chapter.
It looks like something I'd have read a while ago (I used to read a lot of romance, but have moved to erotic romance, or paranormal or fantasy), but I think it could be something I'd be able to comment on. If you're happy to have someone who doesn't usually comment line by line, but is more interested in things like believable characters, plots that work, continuity of a story, making sure that the tone of a character is consistent etc. I'd be happy to read your work and respond. I have critiqued other work, but usually in the real world on a physical copy, rather than online. I have no work at the moment that is ready for comment from someone else, and have no expectations that you'll look at it when it's done. Just happy to be part of the beta reading community. Do you have a deadline in mind for feedback? Let me know if you're interested or would like to know more about me.
Nadia

Proserpina

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Faye,
I'd love to read this! The setting and time period really appeal to me and I enjoyed the tone and voice. Historical fiction romance is one of my favourite genres to read and write. Let me know via PM if you're still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.