I write like..

NicoleScripting

Registered
Reaction score
There's a word analyzer that will tell you who you write like. I've entered many chapters and have gotten a lot of different results. It's fun to play with. Tell me what you get.

https://iwl.me/

Today:
Agatha Christie

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's stuck on Agatha Christie. I tried three different pieces I thought were quite different, and got Christie for all three.

NicoleScripting

Registered
Reaction score
I think it's stuck on Agatha Christie. I tried three different pieces I thought were quite different, and got Christie for all three.
It's a mystery! You know who else liked mysteries.... Agatha Christie.
I just tried it with a short story and it came back Stephen King.

Marlys

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I've tried light and funny. I've tried dark, Gothic, and bloody. I've tried romance, horror, and fantasy. I've tried things I wrote years ago, and things I wrote today.

Every single thing comes out Agatha Christie.

Maybe I should be happy that there's some sort of inner consistency?

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
WIP1: ye olde Agatha Christie

WIP2: Anne Rice

WIP3: Arthur Clark. Mr. Clark is a British Scfi writer. My WIP3 is an autobiography. Yeah, that's my life. ((((Snort)))). :roll:

NicoleScripting

Registered
Reaction score
WIP3: Arthur Clark. Mr. Clark is a British Scfi writer. My WIP3 is an autobiography. Yeah, that's my life. ((((Snort)))).

Cindyt, what have we told you about playing with your laser gun inside?

Every single thing comes out Agatha Christie.

Martys, were you perhaps born on January 12, 1876? With a love of archaeology and plot? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
This is pretty funny.
I tried a portion from both parts of my books--tonally they're different, so I wanted to see... The one part came up Agatha Christie, the other Arthur Clarke. And then submitted a sonnet and got Vladimir Nabokov.

:D

Marlys

Registered
Reaction score
Marlys, were you perhaps born on January 12, 1876? With a love of archaeology and plot? Asking for a friend.

Oddly enough, I am married to an archaeologist. But that birthday is a few years (and eight months) off.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got Arthur C. Clarke for one, and Anne Rice for another. The Clarke analysis didn’t surprise me, but the Rice one did for a brief eternity… then I gave it some thought and came away with, ‘Ah, I get it now.’

This was interesting and fun. Thank you for sharing.

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
I posted several different excerpts, which I thought had different style, and David Foster Wallace came up four times. Must be a glitch ;)

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Cindyt, what have we told you about playing with your laser gun inside?
But... but... Mommy!"

This is pretty funny.
I tried a portion from both parts of my books--tonally they're different, so I wanted to see... The one part came up Agatha Christie, the other Arthur Clarke. And then submitted a sonnet and got Vladimir Nabokov.

:D
For kicks and giggles, I submitted Shakespeare's Sonnet 106. The results: William Shakespeare.

I got Arthur C. Clarke for one, and Anne Rice for another. The Clarke analysis didn’t surprise me, but the Rice one did for a brief eternity… then I gave it some thought and came away with, ‘Ah, I get it now.’
Are we related?

Last edited:

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
For kicks and giggles, I submitted Shakespeare's Sonnet 106. The results: William Shakespeare.

I did that too. But with Sonnet 18 because it's the one I know from memory.

I did that with a few authors: Ben Jonson's To Celia=Daniel Defoe,
Christopher Marlowe's The Passionate Shepherd to his Love=James Joyce, and
Yeats' Leda and the Swan=Bram Stoker

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a neat site to do some basic style determinations. There was another thread here where I'd shared the link to IWL as well as a few other sites. The takeaway from the other thread is to approach these online test sort of things with a grain of salt, because your writing style can change based on so many different factors. But, IWL is a fun diversion :)

Thanks for starting a dedicated thread for IWL

NicoleScripting

Registered
Reaction score
The takeaway from the other thread is to approach these online test sort of things with a grain of salt, because your writing style can change based on so many different factors. But, IWL is a fun diversion :)
Jason, don't out me on procrastination. I'M TOTALLY WRITING ALL THE TIME. I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN THIS SILLY WEBSITE. :chair

Wind Ann Wise

The Quiet One
Registered
Reaction score
I tried it and I got Cory Doctorow. I had to Google him because I had no idea who that was. Still thought I should've gotten someone else, though.