Writer's Group

mzanemcclellan

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All! I have been writing in isolation for quite some time and would really love to get to know some other writers. I have tried to join groups before but never really connected with anyone. I need to get feedback and talk to writers who are serious students of the craft. I feel I need at least that to grow.

So if you're interested in exchanging ideas, resources, writing samples; maybe even a group that holds members accountable for producing vs. socializing, although I am a gregarious recluse :) hit me up and we can chat, maybe get to know one another as writers and souls on a parallel journey.

I am primarily a poet but working hard to get a novel completed. I am also reading, when I can, about plays and screenwriting as well. I have three poetry books published and am a contributing author in an anthology. No spring chicken, but young at heart.

P.S. This is not an ad on Tinder.

Michael

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Michael,

Well, you're in the right place! Welcome!

:welcome:

Check out the Newbie Guide, and do some crits. I've learned a ton on here, from critting others and being critted as well!

When you reach 50 posts you can post a sample of your work in SYW. You may find a kindred writer just doing that!

Best of luck with your writing!

:)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Michael - hope you find this group engaging. We're very friendly. Mostly. :evil

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Michael, welcome aboard. Good luck with your novel, hope it works out for you as you envision.

mzanemcclellan

Registered
Reaction score
Had to post that to downplay my needy side. Thanks, Anna.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Denevius. Nice to meet you.

- - - Updated - - -

You too, Fallen. Thanks.

mzanemcclellan

Registered
Reaction score
Although canned, this is a very helpful/encouraging response.:) I read it on another Newbie's post a few moments ago before realizing I might have responses to my post.
I appreciate you, regdog.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Zan, so do I.

aryheron

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Michael! What genre are you working with for your novel? It's cool that you write poetry! I find it really hard, so congratulations on your published works! I hope maybe we could work together sometime if you're interested in exchanging ideas and help!

mzanemcclellan

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you and hello, Aldara. I mainly read and write in fantasy with the aim of bending a genre or two. One of the projects I'm focused on is a Fantasy noir and the other a fantasy with a historical fiction slant.

I would love to exchange ideas and need all the help I can get. So, absolutely. Feel free to DM me anytime. I am just getting my feet wet here so I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I expected to get some notification if someone replied to the thread.

What is your genre of choice?