New Canadian Fantasy Writer here!

rosieink

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Lorena Frazer. I've been writing fantasy novels for the last three years. I just sent my first book away to be professionally edited before trying to get it published. Here's hoping that dream becomes real. I love writing, and reading as well as going for walks, and watching lots of TV and movies. It's kind of lonely being the only writer in my friend group in my hometown though so I thought I'd reach out online, and try to meet other writers. Hang out here with people who get how hard, and time consuming writing can be. Maybe even get some help, and encouragement; I can't wait to learn, and experience this site, and meet all of you. Catch you later.

Shalon

Registered
Reaction score
It's very smart of you to reach out and find a writing community to be a part of. It's exactly what most successful writers do. This community is a bit 'old-school' I think you'll find, and there are many people you can learn from here. You can also share your writing and get advice, but be warned, the people here can be harsh with their criticism.

Like any community, it's best to always be polite.

Good luck!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, rosieink. :hi: Be interested to know your reaction to the professional edit. Hope it didn't cost you too much.

CameronJohnston

Great Old One
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronjohnston.net
Hi rosieink, and welcome to AW! This site is a great resource for everything writing-wise and at all levels too, from absolute beginner up to professional editors, agents and authors with multiple books published.

recoveringandroid

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! Congrats on finishing your book & good luck on the search for its new publishing home :)

Soliloquill

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Nice to meet you! I'm in the same conundrum of being the only writer in my group of friends and family. I was a part of Twitter's writing community, but I've felt lately like it isn't as strong as once it was, so here I am. Maybe we'll see each other's work in the critiquing section once we both reach 50 posts. Happy writing :)

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Lorena. Best of luck

Jennie

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:
Take time to explore the various threads and meet the many writers: I discover new (very interesting) subjects every evening when I log in...