• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Paradigm Talent Agency

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with or information about Paradigm, or specifically agent Jason Yarn. I received an interestingly worded request for a partial that made me laugh out loud.

Their website is here. It's slick, but not real info heavy (particularly for literary). And there's this, of course, for what it's worth.

Anyone dealt with these folks?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I think they're a bit like CAA in the unsolicited queries department. A filter auto-transfers your email to their legal dept. and you get a "For legal reasons we can't accept or open this" form letter in return.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well... except for this.

I can think of a few other agencies with emphatic no-unsolicited-queries policies with individual agents that do accept them as well.

He's requested a partial, so... Just wondering.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
And why would you even be asking about them? Clearly, they have no interest in unsolicited inquiries--practically to the point of rudeness.

http://www.paradigmagency.com/unsolicited_submissions_policy
I think they're a bit like CAA in the unsolicited queries department. A filter auto-transfers your email to their legal dept. and you get a "For legal reasons we can't accept or open this" form letter in return.
To be fair, they're talking about submissions, not inquires.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Well... except for this.

I can think of a few other agencies with emphatic no-unsolicited-queries policies with individual agents that do accept them as well.

He's requested a partial, so... Just wondering.

Very interesting. I sent a query to see what happens. :)

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Like Cyia, I emailed him last night for kicks and giggles. Today he requested the first fifty pages. So we'll see! :)

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
I wish he were a little more specific about what he's looking for instead of just "new authors." But hey, I guess that makes it a pretty open-ended invite. :) I guess I'll toss my query into the mix, as well.

Last edited:

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
That's weird....

The email address for Yarn is *****@paradigmagency.com, but the email address listed on the Tinseltown site all show *****@paradigmla.com, even the NY ones. The website given is different, too...and the address for the NY branch is different on the Tinseltown site.

Anyone care to weigh in on this?

EDIT: The website given on the Tinseltown link doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I came across Jason Yarn when I was poking around for info about Lydia Wills (on account of how she represents the co-author of the forthcoming Bob Mould autobiography- oh, boy!). They work together, or so sayeth the Google.

I found two different NY addresses for her (neither of which is the one on dear old Gerard's site). The Park Ave addy corresponds with Jason's signature.

Not sure about the email addresses. Could be trying to differentiate the literary division more from the Hollywood stuff. Or, perhaps some sort of East Coast/West Coast throw down thing...

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
Uh wow. I got a request for 50 pages too.

lol... Has anyone NOT gotten a request?

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I guess he's trying to build a list by casting a wide net... or we all wrote awesome queries (I think I'll go with that one. :tongue )

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
I'll second that one, Cyia! :) I believe you and I are both YA. Karo, aren't you, too? That might be one of his main focus areas.

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pitching my MS as Christopher Moore for the Gen-Y generation. For twentysomethings with crossover potential into the YA market.

So... kinda sort of. I noticed that he reps a writer for The Daily Show, and The Daily Show is my life, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Good lord, he bit on my query, too. We should start a club.

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
Um... that's 9/9. Unless anyone rejected hasn't spoken up, it appears 100% of his queries have turned into partial requests.