FOX News Calls It

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As Trump was leaving Air Force One for his upcoming meeting with Kim Jong Un, Fox news called it.

Regardless of what happens in that meeting between the two dictators

Link video twitter link

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if this isn't a gaffe so much as something they're just openly fine with now.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Dr. Freud called, he wants his slip back...

Prozyan

Are you one, Herbert?
Registered
Reaction score
that America has never been a representational democracy

Umm.....that is true.

Though I suppose it is fair to say that the terms democracy and republic have become pretty much interchangeable in modernity.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
You know how he doesn't look 'presidential'? He doesn't look 'regal' either.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And, yet, I wonder if the picture of Trump in a crown might drive a wedge between him and his loyal voters. After all, it's the U.S.A. - founded on dumping a monarchy, where, theoretically, any one can grow up to run the place. Surely the 'America Firsters' aren't going to like the looks of this?

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And, yet, I wonder if the picture of Trump in a crown might drive a wedge between him and his loyal voters. After all, it's the U.S.A. - founded on dumping a monarchy, where, theoretically, any one can grow up to run the place. Surely the 'America Firsters' aren't going to like the looks of this?

Nah, they'll be fine with it (even if they get it about hereditary lifelong monarchy and all that). They voted for him because they want someone who can get stuff done without having to bow to all the lifelong two-faced career politicians. That's what they see in the crown imagery.

ETA: the irony is that what outsiders see as political swamp wishy-washiness is seen by insiders as dealmaking, which is what Trump supporters voted for him to do--make deals on his terms that they think will benefit them. Depends on how close to the deal you are and the perceived strength of those on your side.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Nah, they'll be fine with it (even if they get it about hereditary lifelong monarchy and all that). They voted for him because they want someone who can get stuff done without having to bow to all the lifelong two-faced career politicians. That's what they see in the crown imagery.

+1

Actually, a disturbing number of people have always wanted a monarchy - preferably a Christian (or whatever their church passes as Christian) monarchy - in America. The idea of equal voices and equal choices is abhorrent to those who believe their way is the Only Way, and others must be punished for sinful dissent.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
It clearly wasn't, but even that would be a head-scratcher. Moon is hardly a "dictator".

caw

Exactly. But the challenged—and challenging—members of my family aren't even funny anymore.

It went precisely like this:

Me: *snort* Moon isn't a dictator and he won't be there, anyway. He and Kim already met.
Them: When?
Me: In April, I believe.
Them: Where was President Trump?
Me (because I couldn't resist): In his crib. More to the point, where were you? It was all over the news.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We can all relax now, Dennis Rodman has arrived for the meeting. Really.

Link

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Ya know, when Dennis Rodman is the 'sensible, dignified voice of reason' at a Heads of State meeting, we're in trouble. He's not even going to be 'guy with the weird hair' at this one. Or the flamboyant posturer.
:gaah Rodman for President?

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Link

Where do we write to complain about the shoddy scriptwriting on this show "Reality"? This thing has really jumped the shark, and if they don't do something soon, the whole thing's gonna implode.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
+1

Actually, a disturbing number of people have always wanted a monarchy - preferably a Christian (or whatever their church passes as Christian) monarchy - in America. The idea of equal voices and equal choices is abhorrent to those who believe their way is the Only Way, and others must be punished for sinful dissent.

Then why not go with a real king, or at least one in training? Britain has spare princes. Good looking, apparently sane young men, with photogenic families. Who understand that their job is to nod agreeably, sign things, and be the public face of the government, without actually governing. They could probably bring their own crown - there must be spares.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Then why not go with a real king, or at least one in training? Britain has spare princes. Good looking, apparently sane young men, with photogenic families. Who understand that their job is to nod agreeably, sign things, and be the public face of the government, without actually governing. They could probably bring their own crown - there must be spares.

How about a queen? We can do you a really good deal, she's really hardworking and she's got her own dynasty
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2017122945055/princess-anne-busiest-royal/

Last edited:

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
What I think is interesting.

A Kim-impersonator was intercepted by the Secret Service at the airport.
We have no pictures of Trump and Kim together.
The meeting is now being cut short for no stated reason other than "things are moving quickly".

Anyone else get the feeling the whole trip and meeting is a farce after Trump screwed the whole thing up?

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
What I think is interesting.

A Kim-impersonator was intercepted by the Secret Service at the airport.
We have no pictures of Trump and Kim together.
The meeting is now being cut short for no stated reason other than "things are moving quickly".

Anyone else get the feeling the whole trip and meeting is a farce after Trump screwed the whole thing up?

If I were exceptionally paranoid, I'd suspect the whole meeting has been a puppet show/propaganda photo op from the start, choreographed by Putin, China, and/or KJU himself, outcome predetermined, with only one person (with a proven inability to keep his mouth shut) kept in the dark.

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
+1

I lived in a theocracy. It wasn't fun. Being male helped, but not much.

I don't think most pro-theocracy Americans realize they're asking for the Taliban or ISIS for government.

Link

Fifty bucks says Trump will call that, and raise one Kanye West.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I lived in a theocracy. It wasn't fun. Being male helped, but not much.

I don't think most pro-theocracy Americans realize they're asking for the Taliban or ISIS for government.

Many don't; they just want a guarantee that Their Kind will benefit/be "protected" (the nature of the threat being deliberately nebulous) while everyone else gets "what they deserved" for not being Their Kind. Like the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party meme, they think the leopards are only going to eat the other guy's face, and they're very much in favor of other people having their faces eaten. (And there's also the religious component of this mentality, which - in its extremes - utterly short-circuits any logic or thought and promises old-school Biblical fire and brimstone and clear-cut Rules to live by.)

Some, I fear, do know exactly what they're asking for, and are willing to do anything to get it...