• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Corvisiero Literary Agency / Literary Powerhouse Consulting (Marisa Corvisiero)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. An agent who also runs a literary consultancy.

Can anyone spell "conflict of interests"? Yes, I thought so.

Reaction score
Hmm. An agent who also runs a literary consultancy.

Can anyone spell "conflict of interests"? Yes, I thought so.
A bit like Lori Perkins owning the publisher her employee, the epub agent, sells many of her clients' books to, no?

Some would say conflict of interests...some would say circle-jerk.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sputter... GAAK!

Squeak!

WHAAAT?

I just can't seem to get my brain to un-stick. I guess Ms. Corvisiero's gonna need her own thread. I'd do it, but I've still got that $500/$800 (of a $2775 value!?) annual POWER MEMBERSHIP ringing in my ears.

She does acknowledge the tough economic times, though, and there's a sweet deal where you can try to corral two fellow writers into joining up for a year along with you, and then you get a free month on top of (not deducted from) the year you've already signed up for.

"For ME giving back on FaceBook and attending conferences isn't enough."

:cry:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I can only say: :Jaw:

This smells so shady, it isn't funny. (And hasn't this been tried before?)

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I know there are people on AW repped by Corvisiero. I'd considered her while she was still with Perkins Agency, until I'd done more research on Perkins and decided against it.

In Corvisiero's case, with her background in law, this doesn't give me much confidence. The fees are too high for the value added. I could use stronger words, but I don't think I need to.

Reaction score
I don't have a Facebook account, but I'm told by a friend who does, that Ms. Corvisiero isn't happy about this here thread.

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
How about we give her a chance to come here and answer questions... if there are any.

From what I am seeing the biggest issue anyone has here is the fee for her 'LITPOW' site... which is seperate from her agency...

Has anyone bothered to approach her and ASK her anything?

Reaction score
Has she bothered to come here and ANSWER anything, instead of complaining elsewhere?

I'm told the FB rant has disappeared, but one of the folks who rose to her defence accused us of being jealous.

If we're wrong, then great. Many apple-oagies* and I'll be the first to start beating my breast.

*Blackadder reference, for those not in the know. I'm sorry to inconweenience you.

Linky.
Seriously, just read some posts on absolute water cooler that turned my insides. Apparently I'm a corrupt fraud for offering consulting services and agenting and should not agent if I'm a lawyer.... What!? Who are these jerks posting on there!? ...nothing better to do?! Go write a book!
Thank you for your advice, dear. I've written eight.

When one of the commenters invokes the name of Stephenie Meyer to make a point, well...I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Last edited:

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
How about we give her a chance to come here and answer questions... if there are any.

From what I am seeing the biggest issue anyone has here is the fee for her 'LITPOW' site... which is seperate from her agency...

Someone commented on her FB statement, suggesting in a very polite way, that she might want to address the concerns on this thread. If she really wants to convince people she's running a legitimate business with no conflict of interest, it would reflect well on her to respond to the concerns on this thread.

Word gets 'round fast on the internet. There's very little that's private.
All she needs to do is calmly and rationally address these concerns rather than go off on one in a very public place.

Simples.

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Has she bothered to come here and ANSWER anything, instead of complaining elsewhere?

I'm told the FB rant has disappeared, but one of the folks who rose to her defence accused us of being jealous.

If we're wrong, then great. Many apple-oagies* and I'll be the first to start beating my breast.

*Blackadder reference, for those not in the know. I'm sorry to inconweenience you.

Linky.Thank you for your advice, dear. I've written eight.

When one of the commenters invokes the name of Stephenie Meyer to make a point, well...I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

It is my understanding that she is setting up an account here on AW and will answer questions, not sure when...

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. There are some potential conflict of interest issues here that really SHOULD be addressed.

But I really don't see where anyone was being a 'jerk' in this thread. Obviously, if there is some new literary definition of jerk that I'm not aware of, please let me know.

And having a rant on her FB page - not cool. Not cool at all. Why don't people realise that how they present themselves in public can damage their professional reputations? Professional is as professional does, and all that.

Either way, the fee issue has my teeth squeaking.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I'm waiting for us to be called "haters", "bitter", "talentless", and "hacks".

I've written five books and have two on shelves with the third hitting shelves next February.

BR&BC reveals the good agents as well as the "RUN AWAY!" agents. Fee-charging falls into the latter category. A good agent makes money when he/she sells your book. Period.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com

Linky.

I stay off that site. It used to be a great author resource but has gotten taken over by trolls.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And so on.

And for the Blackadder ref, I say :hooray:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
It's going to be one of those days, isn't it.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
That's because you're a bitter, talentless hack. Ovbiously. And a jerk.

:)

Your'e' just a jealouse looser who doesn't appreciate my genious!!!11!11eleventy!!

(It's like a mosquito bite: once you get bit by the eleventy bug, you have to post one. )

BTW, scarlet, that sounds like the plot of a potentially :eek: short story. :evil