Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Linking to YouTube videos

If you paste the URL of a video on YouTube directly into a post, the YouTube video is automatically embedded into the post as a playable video. Please don't do that, as it causes the AW server to do an awful lot of unnecessary heavy lifting!

Write your post, including the name of the video you want to link to (say, the New Zealand national anthem) and then
1. Highlight the words that will be the link, usually the name of the video
2. Press the Insert Link icon (little paperclip/chain icon at the top of the post box, just to the left of the "mountain image" icon)
3. Paste into the box the URL of the YouTube video
4. Click "Insert"
5. Highlight the words again and hit the bolding command (capital B at the top left of the post box)

Now you have a clickable link that will take those who click on it to the YouTube video, but you won't have put the actual video itself into the post and onto the AW server.

This is exactly the same as linking to anything else, so if you know how to do that, this should be easy.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear, I thought I was doing it right but clearly I haven't been. Would you like me to go back a couple months or more and correct the errors?

Reactions: Unimportant
Status
Not open for further replies.