• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

WritersViews.com

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Either my brain is foggy or there is no true info on the index page as to what it actually IS. Am I supposed to be able to ascertain the site's core purpose from this blurb (which--seeing as how it's on a site called WritersViews.com--made me lol)?

WritersViews is a FREE membership community Website developed to share views and ideas about the essentials of life, love, careers, hobbys, health and nutrition, and politics, of course.

We are grateful to all of you for your participation and involvement in this wonderful community. It has be an amazing ride for me, to have met so many wonderful new people here and I am proud to call all of you, my friends.

With love and admiration,

Olivia J. Gilder

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
Either my brain is foggy or there is no true info on the index page as to what it actually IS. Am I supposed to be able to ascertain the site's core purpose from this blurb (which--seeing as how it's on a site called WritersViews.com--made me lol)?

It says right there on the "About" page. They are:

...a chariot of friendship and support...

You simply can't get more specific than that! ;)

Seriously, though, it looks like it's a forum (if you become a member) with some informational pages tacked onto the front page.

And I'd never seen or heard of it before now, JL_Benet.

AphraB

A faithful friend & a good library
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A chariot of friendship and support.

What does that mean?

PRDavid

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to register there? I filled out the registration form about two weeks ago and got a message that my membership would be confirmed in less than a week. Now a week past their own deadline and I haven't heard anything from them at all.

PRDavid

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Uh, the chariot is full?

JKidding, PRdavid. Did you give them a followup email? Perhaps they're on FB or Twitter. You can light 'em up there.

tri

Three follow up e-mails and not so much as the courtesy of a note saying they have received any of my previous contact attempts and will get back to me.

Maybe they have maxed out membership or something? Who knows. But at this point I am less likely to follow-up and visit the site if they should activate my membership because of the lack of communication.

PRDavid

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
OK. I just checked out their facebook page. Make that a definite "oh hell no" if they ever get around to activating my membership request.

https://www.facebook.com/WritersViews?fref=ts

I can tell right away that I am about as compatible with those folks as a lit match and the fuse on a stick of dynamite.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK. I just checked out their facebook page. Make that a definite "oh hell no" if they ever get around to activating my membership request.

https://www.facebook.com/WritersViews?fref=ts

I can tell right away that I am about as compatible with those folks as a lit match and the fuse on a stick of dynamite.

I looked at their Facebook page, too. Can't quite figure out what they're all about or to whom they're supposed to appeal. Their links, ostensibly about writing, feature half-naked women and cuddly couples. There are links to articles about bamboo bedding. There's also a comic about women and Valentine's Day that I found offensive.

No interest from this corner. And I'm not about to click on any of those links, either. It looks like Spam City.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Was active into Spring '16, but home page currently borked, and subpages' formatting and content reverted to '12.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving