Writers Work

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Umgowa

Registered
Reaction score
The last time I opened up the Absolute Write web site I was greeted with a big link talking about getting paid to write. I clicked on the link and was taken to a web site called Writers Work. The sub head is Get Paid to Write. I am hoping that since this came to me via the imprimatur of Absolute Write, that it is a totally legit operation. I am getting ready to sign up but would like to know if any of you have had any experience with this operation. If so, I'd like to know how it went with you. Is it legitimate? Did you have a good experience? Any feedback you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks.

Maryn

Fully Autumnal
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My guess--and I know next to nothing about site administration--is that this is not an ad approved by AbsoluteWrite but something that came as part of an ad package. I would not presume the operation has any kind of vetting by anyone associated with AW. Your own research, including asking about it here, is how you can determine if an enterprise is legitimate.

Maryn, assuming AW Admin will be here in due course

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The last time I opened up the Absolute Write web site I was greeted with a big link talking about getting paid to write. I clicked on the link and was taken to a web site called Writers Work. The sub head is Get Paid to Write. I am hoping that since this came to me via the imprimatur of Absolute Write, that it is a totally legit operation. I am getting ready to sign up but would like to know if any of you have had any experience with this operation. If so, I'd like to know how it went with you. Is it legitimate? Did you have a good experience? Any feedback you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks.

That's a Google Ad; I can block it, again, but they keep changing the name of the ad so that it reappears. I can't really control the Google Ads.

Moreover, you may not see the same ads as someone else.

I don't know anything about them at all.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

What would they have that you couldn't find on your own? Who is in such need of freelancers that they use random Google ads to find them? The answers to those questions are likely nothing and no one.

I would certainly not give any info or $$ to a site that probably just lists content mills or something.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving