• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Writers' Org.] Sisters in Crime

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

OneWriter

Ubi dubium ibi libertas
Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody heard of this:

http://www.sistersincrime.org/

There's an annual registration fee but they offer critiques of both ms and query and I wonder if anybody has done this and if they recommend it or not. A published author indicated it to me as a great place to have one work's critiqued.

Thanks.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
It's a well-respected organization. I was registered for a while, but I let it lapse. Lots and lots of published writers are members. Can't speak for any services they offer; never used any. I didn't get as much out of the organization as I should have, but that was entirely on my shoulders, and I'd have no qualms about recommending them to others.

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
I went to a meeting in Toronto (I'm assuming they have different chapters) It was open to the public for a small fee because Kelley Armstrong was on a panel discussing her crime novels. It was a very small group of people, so I got a chance to speak to everyone there, including Kelley's agent...many, many good things came out of that meeting for me.

Maryn

Fully Autumnal
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a good organization and a number of mystery writers I've known over the years are active members. I believe two members of my critique group keep their memberships current.

Maryn, who never joined

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving