Writers needed

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Behaving
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

Last edited:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

Sydewinder

Banned
Reaction score
Look up. you see that bright star in the sky? I li
I think it's hard enough selling e-books to adults. How are you going to get a parent to buy an e-book for kids? especially a picture book? When I look at the big publishers who do both e-book and print books, the one thing I notice is that none of their picture books are available in electronic versions. I think that's because there's just no real revenue stream for that format.

Of course I could be wrong, I guess only time will tell. I would be very curious about how many of your free books have been downloaded.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This venture has went throug a lot of discussion. I thought I would give it try. It's a lot more fun to work with than adult books.

The site has only been open a couple of weeks and it's not really out there yet but I'm hoping. It has had a few hits on both the free and the ones for sale. Fingers crossed!

new writer 56

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

I noticed that most of the books are written by one author. Is Karen Lewis an illustrator as well? Also do you ever plan on making paper or hard back copies of your books? Kids like books they can hold in their hands. Create space might be something to consider at least for paper back. Since hard back books are more expensive to make. The books look nice,but offering paper back and electronic versions might prove to be more profitable. Also if you ever have a need for an illustrator then please check the link in my signature.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
www.fairytalesanddreams.com is open for submissions and looking for all kinds of childrens books. There is no page minimum or maximum or age limit. We are taking illustrated books and books for preteens and everythng in between. If you have anything or know someone, please contact at [email protected]
Thanks

Are you interested in children's nonfiction books?

In general, what is your author (non-illustrator) payment profile re advance and royalties?

Please tell us how you are marketing your books.

Thanks.

Catadmin

An Author in Search of a Plot
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brandietarvin.net
Create space might be something to consider at least for paper back.

ACK. Not to pull this thread off tangent, but CreateSpace has issues. I have a friend who publishes through that (and I've contributed to some of those anthos) and when I order books to sell, their quality is on-again, off-again.

I do NOT recommend using CreateSpace to print books. Lulu maybe (though I haven't seen their books), but not CreateSpace. Not if you want a product with consistent standards that you wouldn't be embarrassed to sell.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Fairy Tales. I'm so happy to have two acceptances with you. Hope all is well and it's a super place here. Many thanks.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
I try and aim for the adult market as a writer but...

Just had a nose through and Tina the Tiny Cat caught my daughter's eye. I've asked for a copy just to give it a try. As a mum the concept of kids' ebooks are new to me too. But I'm open to new experiences...

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Finchlark. What are their titles? I'll check them out. I have two also, "Happy Halloween" 'n "Quiet, Please," which is coming out soon. It says so :D

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Look forward to seein' yours too, Finchlark and many thanks. Are you going to send them any other titles? Just wondered. I unfortunately don't have anymore to send, at least right now ...

Last edited:

redflame

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had stories rejected by this company? Just wondered...

redflame

Registered
Reaction score
Catadmin, this company does not have an illustrator on board. They use images but not ones specially created for the published books...

Last edited:

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
And is the grammar alright? With a few of these posts, ahem, I needed to ask. Especially the first post of "sales kids books"

Edited to add, does the site want a proofreader??

"Tina is a tiny cat who doesn't like to get wet. One day she is needing to go to town but can't get accross the water. Several of her friend help her, will anyne succeed and get her to the other side without her getting wet?"

thats got to put off sales....

redflame

Registered
Reaction score
No one is perfect...That's why some of us, namely me, need editors. We have the imagination but lack 'technical' expertise......

ps: Is the quote from the Fairytales website? If so,...Hmmm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Book