• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Writers Exchange E Publishing

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like an ebook outfit trying to set themselves up as a distributor. Considering their competition, they'll have to greatly improve their website and book covers to be taken seriously.

Leonidas

sui generis
Registered
Reaction score
Can I ask for anyone out there who has a few minutes to take a look at the "submissions" page on the ReadersEden/Writer's Exchange web site? I'm interested to know first, what you think of this e-publisher as a possible place to publish a novel, and second, what you think of their contract (the one they use if they publish, rather than just distribute, a book), which they display on the page. My initial reaction, assuming that one is considering going the e-publishing route, is that their 50% royalty is attractive and that the contract is also attractive, especially because it allows the author to opt out of the agreement at any time by giving 90-days notice. If anyone sees some red flags that I haven't, I'd appreciate hearing about them. Thanks much.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I see a pile of flags that are at least pink.

They pay on net, although it seems to be after only deduction of vendors fees.
You provide cover art or give up 10% of your royalties to their cover artist.
If you want print you have to pay the set up fee yourself ($99).
If the author buys their own print books they still have to pay the publisher their full share of the net profit (40%).

And finally, what are their sales like? Because what you earn is, of course, royalty x sales.