Wordle.

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
My friends and I have been playing it quite a bit, but we post our results in our group chat, only one or two post it on Twitter, too.

Oh yeah, all the valid words are in one object in the Javascript on the site. As is all the solutions, they're just listed there, so don't look at the HTML if you don't want spoilers. But this also explains why it turns over to the next puzzle at midnight local time, so Wordle should automatically carry on for quite some time. idk what'll happen when the list runs out tho.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Oh so that's what it is. I've been seeing some pop up on twitter and I was wondering what those coloured blocks were. Looks fun, if indeed a time sink.

Reactions: Hummingbird

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh so that's what it is. I've been seeing some pop up on twitter and I was wondering what those coloured blocks were. Looks fun, if indeed a time sink.
Wordle isn't a time-sink, because they very sensibly only sent one a day (4-6 minutes).

Absurdle on the other hand, is bottomless - so I'm sticking with Wordle.

Reactions: Helix

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
The good thing about Wordle is that there is only one word a day and everyone plays the same game. Twitter is now almost entirely swamped by Wordle squares.

When one of the games used US spelling, it was entertaining to watch the outrage spread westward across the world. A few days later the word of the day was prick, and there was less outrage and more commentary about our leaders.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When one of the games used US spelling, it was entertaining to watch the outrage spread westward across the world. A few days later the word of the day was prick, and there was less outrage and more commentary about our leaders.
There's a lot to like about wordle.

Reactions: Helix

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I tried Wurdle and hated it. Lol. Not about to touch Absurdle. :p

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've played it twice. It pissed me off to no end both times so I can't/won't play it any more.
I tried Wurdle and hated it. Lol. Not about to touch Absurdle. :p
Some people really don't like Wordle and I cannot for the life of me undrestand why ;) I can't play Sudoko because it's about numbers, but I don't have a visceral reaction to it.

People who don't like Wordle really seem not to like it. Is there a reason, or is just over-hyped by people who do like it and therefore a terrible disappointment as well as being All Over Twitter?

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't it the number one? What is the number one?

ETA: Is it AFL? Is it cricket?
Sudoku is about logic patterns and placement of numbers, not calculations, per se. The calculations one is mind-bending. It's Kakuro, AFAIK.

Some people really don't like Wordle and I cannot for the life of me undrestand why ;) I can't play Sudoko because it's about numbers, but I don't have a visceral reaction to it.

People who don't like Wordle really seem not to like it. Is there a reason, or is just over-hyped by people who do like it and therefore a terrible disappointment as well as being All Over Twitter?
Lol! I think it's the randomness of the words provided and the fact that I really hate guessing games.

Reactions: Hummingbird

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
My friends and I have been playing it quite a bit, but we post our results in our group chat, only one or two post it on Twitter, too.

Oh yeah, all the valid words are in one object in the Javascript on the site. As is all the solutions, they're just listed there, so don't look at the HTML if you don't want spoilers. But this also explains why it turns over to the next puzzle at midnight local time, so Wordle should automatically carry on for quite some time. idk what'll happen when the list runs out tho.
There are some truly unguessable words in that list.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Isn't it the number one? What is the number one?
Sudoku is about logic patterns and placement of numbers, not calculations, per se.
Yerp, there are numbers, but it's just a logic puzzle. My husband plays a version that uses letters (A to I) in place of the numbers. You could just as easily use 9 different shapes. Or AFL teams.