women's six nations

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else following the women's Six Nations?

Wales played an absolute blinder against Ireland. Massive well done to Wales! Just waiting for England v Scotland to start.

(For the non-Rugby people, it's a Rugby tournament between England, France, Ireland, Italy, Scotland and Wales.)

(in spoiler tags in case anyone's watching on catch up later)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad you cleared up what Six Nations is for purposes of this thread. My first read of the subject line was, "What, the Iroquois nations are playing?"

Maryn, reminded that we are an international site

neandermagnon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad you cleared up what Six Nations is for purposes of this thread. My first read of the subject line was, "What, the Iroquois nations are playing?"

Maryn, reminded that we are an international site

I had to google search to learn about Iroquois six nations. Always good to fill in the gaps of my history knowledge.

It's the main northern hemisphere rugby showdown. The men's six nations finished recently (Ireland won) and today the women's six nations began.

I've been led to believe there's a southern hemisphere tournament that's roughly equivalent*. Then there's the world cup, where New Zealand women remind England who's boss of the whole world. (The last two world cups, NZ beat England in the final. NZ Black Ferns are a phenomenal side. One day the Red Roses (England) will beat them though!)

*I would love to know more about the southern hemisphere rugby tournaments and of course watch some games.

England played an amazing game too, yay! Bonus points for Wales and England. Looking forward to the Wales v England game!

France v Italy is tomorrow.

Reactions: MaeZe and Speedyg

neandermagnon

Registered
Reaction score
England are playing Italy today.

Yesterday, France beat Ireland and Wales beat Scotland. Well done to the winners!

I'm watching the match preamble... even for people who aren't into rugby, you might be interested to hear, they just said that the England players get 26 weeks paid maternity leave (the English women's team are professional - not all the countries have professional women leagues - England was the first, I'm not sure how many other countries do. New Zealand's women are the best in the world, having beaten England in the final for the last 2 world cups, but I'm not 100% certain whether they are professional or not.)

neandermagnon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a rugby fan but from the way you talk about it. I might stick around and see some on tv.

Sorry I missed this post! Hope you found and enjoyed the rugby!

I of course enjoyed England winning... although France gave us a run for our money!

Reactions: DarkWriter223