• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Womack Publishing Agency (David A. Womack)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Leigh86

Registered
Reaction score
If a thread on this guy is already up, I appologize, but anyway does anybody know more about David A. Womack?
I first found him in the 2008 Christian Writer's Market Guide and it says that he's recognized in the business and he looks okay so far.
But he doesn't have his own website, so I was wondering if anybody knows who some of his clients are.
Thanks so much!!!

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
No website, no references other than he's "recognized"? I'll bet he's "recognized" in the trade all right. I'll refrain from saying what he's recognized for.

It's so sad that there appears to be a great many so-called "Christian" agents and publishers who are anything but.

I'd steer clear.

Nandi

Registered
Reaction score
From Writers Net web site. How convenient! An agent who happens to run his own publishing company!
Agency: Womack Publishing Agency
PO Box 1367
Somerton, Arizona, United States

My own books have been with HarperCollins (Harper & Row and Harper/San Francisco), Bethany House, and Gospel Publishing House. At GPH I was manager of book editing and marketing. I have been in THE WRITER. Now I operate my own literary agency primarily to help authors find publishers in the Bible bookstore and trade markets. Mostly, I handle nonfiction, fiction, and children's books. I do cross over to secular markets for appropriate manuscripts. One book I have represented is THE PILGRIM'S PROGRESS IN MODERN ENGLISH, edited by L. Edward Hazelbaker, with Bridge-Logos Publishers. That book now is the Number One of 230 editions at Barnes and Noble.com.

Memberships: I am listed in Sally E. Stuart's CHRISTIAN WRITERS' MARKET GUIDE, Everyonewhosanyone.com, Christian Writers Info Net, and other sites.

Listed in Jeff Herman's directory of agents: No

Reading fee: No

Nandi

Registered
Reaction score
An aside, FWIW. I've been researching Christian publishers recently and have been surprised by how much due diligence is needed in identifying those I would feel comfortable approaching.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
According to the 2010 CWMG, Womack is out of business (i.e., he's listed as OB in their index (page 44 of this excerpt)).

Krampus Nacht

Krampus