• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wilshire Literary Agency

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
I found an agent: Carol McCleary, but I haven't found anything of substance so far.

Correction: I found a couple of Amazon listings that have her name in the Publishers Weekly description. I don't understand what it means, exactly; if that's pointing out that she is the agent who repped those books, or what.

Maybe that'll help someone get started.

Last edited:

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Preditors and Editors lists this agency with an address for contact, but no comments for or against.

20 Barristers Walk
Dennis, MA 02638

P&E also lists Carol McCleary as a literary agent with Wilshire Literary Agency.

There's also a small bit of info about them at this web site: http://www.sfwriter.com/agent.htm
And this site http://amsaw.org/amsaw-1205GEWLie-LiteraryAgents.html provides an e-mail address of [email protected] for Carol McCleary.

www.allpages.com has a Yellow Pages listing for them with phone (508) 385-5200.

Finally, a search for "Carol McCleary" in Books at Amazon.com turns up 19 books that mention her name.

Last edited:

roach

annoyed and annoying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.idiorhythmic.net
Thanks K1P1. I'd found the Preditors and Editors listing and Amsaw site. I wanted something more than just "here be an agent, arr!" I hadn't even thought of plugging her name into an Amazon search. That's really helpful. At least now I have a better idea of what she's represented.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
You're quite welcome. You can also use Google Book Search. It works best if you put in the word agent as well as her name.

Leukman

Pernicious...n'stuff.
Registered
Reaction score
Any recent info on this agent? I see one deal on 12/08 listed in PM, nothing in AQ or QT. No website. Nadda.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, the sale in Dec '08 to Tor/Forge is her own book. Since her website makes no mention of the agency, I'd say she's retired to focus on her own writing.

Krampus Nacht

St. Nicholas and Krampus