Where to post/host cartoons

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I have always drawn cartoons off and one, mainly one-scene humorous cartoon about modern life and dogs. I think they are getting good enough to have their own place rather than just showing up on my insta and facebook from time to time. But I have no idea what is the best place to put them for people who might enjoy largely dog-themed cartoons without having to see all my other life-related ephemera? Maybe just their own insta or facebook page, are there cartoon-specific platforms?

CMBright

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if they would qualify for an app like Webtoon. It might be worth at least checking.

SusanStar

Registered
Reaction score
If by drawn cartoons you mean like the comics on the funny section in the newspaper (Garfield, Peanuts, etc.) I think Webtoons would work. There are short, 4-panel comics on there that's just funny because it's relateable rather than a continuous story. I don't think they have any rules against artists posting their cartoons/comics besides the standard content restrictions.

There's a comic called Litterbox on there thats just humorous instances of the author's life as a parent but the characters are all anthropomorphic animals. Just an example to see if that might fit what you're looking for.

ChaseJxyz

Writes birds and bird accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
You can use Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, a Facebook page, your own website, or one of the many webcomic platforms out there. You can even make your own subreddit or use platforms like Patreon. IDEALLY it is in multiple places so you can have as much readership as possible. There's a ton of people who are only on one or two platforms, so if you're on every platform then there's less worry that someone might steal your content and repost it there.

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Make a free WordPress.com blog; You want to control your hosting.

If it get traffic/income, you can use a paid host and domain.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving