What's happening in this image? (bikini warning)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

What's going on?

• Most likely something sexual

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I think nothing sexual

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Not sure what's happening

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • He's being naughty, she isn't

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She's being naughty, he isn't

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think the flu is the same as the common cold, is it?

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Mistake on my part then, English is only my third language and some things are confusing in terms of name, not understanding. Anyway, doesn't appear in the book, just an example of how shitty life in the ghettos is. Thanks for the info though :)

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, but you didn't say influenza. Sure, people die from that all the time. We were talking about "the common cold," which is a different virus.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
People die of influenza every year in the most developed countries.

Now, I'm not saying that in poor areas any disease, even a cold, isn't going to have a likelihood of fatality greater than in ones with better nutrition and health care. But influenza is a nasty, nasty disease for anyone - here in Ontario we had our share of healthy children dying from the H1N1 outbreak a few years ago, and of course the Spanish Influenza of 1918 was a worldwide catastrophe.

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
People die of influenza every year in the most developed countries.

Now, I'm not saying that in poor areas any disease, even a cold, isn't going to have a likelihood of fatality greater than in ones with better nutrition and health care. But influenza is a nasty, nasty disease for anyone - here in Ontario we had our share of healthy children dying from the H1N1 outbreak a few years ago, and of course the Spanish Influenza of 1918 was a worldwide catastrophe.

Whether influenza is deadly isn't the debate, here. Yes, the flu is debilitating and can certainly kill you. However, the OP said "the common cold," which isn't the same as influenza (flu). As far as I can tell, no one's ever died from the common cold. Two different things.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Whether influenza is deadly isn't the debate, here. Yes, the flu is debilitating and can certainly kill you. However, the OP said "the common cold," which isn't the same as influenza (flu). As far as I can tell, no one's ever died from the common cold. Two different things.
I say a lot of things that sound interchangeable in my third language because more often than not, they are used interchangeably, correctly so or not.

mccardey

wear a mask
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I say a lot of things that sound interchangeable in my third language because more often than not, they are used interchangeably, correctly so or not.
Yeah, but regardless of how many languages you have, flu and the common cold are about as interchangeable as acne and smallpox.

ETA: Which is not to say the words aren't used interchangeably. I know what you mean. An awful lot of people moan about flu when what they have is - yanno - a common cold. That's the way it is.

But it's Not Right! :granny:

Last edited:

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, but regardless of how many languages you have, flu and the common cold are about as interchangeable as acne and smallpox.

ETA: Which is not to say the words aren't used interchangeably. I know what you mean. An awful lot of people moan about flu when what they have is - yanno - a common cold. That's the way it is.

But it's Not Right! :granny:

I hear more people saying they've got the flu when they've got a stomach bug. I've given up trying to correct them - sick people are NOT a receptive audience!

mccardey

wear a mask
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hear more people saying they've got the flu when they've got a stomach bug. I've given up trying to correct them - sick people are NOT a receptive audience!

Meet my husband.... ;)

marinapr9

Digital Artist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marinamitchell.deviantart.com
You know, if you wanted to convey a sensual/sexual feel to this, with regards to her emotions, perhaps a slightly off the shoulder top or nightgown/tee shirt would have conveyed it in a more subtle way. I think her in her underwear is just too over the top. When I looked at it, it seems he's got a hangover from hell, and about to cop a sly feel of himself because she's got nothing on but her undies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving