What program do you use to write comics?

tuffghost

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just curious what people use, software-wise, for writing comics.
I remember Celtx used to be an options. Not sure if it's still used today.

Reactions: colinomahoney

stephenf

Registered
Reaction score
There are many options, Adobe have a version but a popular one is clip studio paint . clip can be used on an iPad and ,according to Apple, has over 10 million users.

Reactions: tuffghost

katfeete

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunsetgrillcomic.com
Celtx is still around, but has moved much more towards "team" projects, collaboration tools, etc. Not my cup of tea, alas (and no longer even remotely free).

I've heard Final Draft is nice, but it's a bit more than I need (and a bit rich for my tastes).

Scrivener has a comics script template, and has the advantage that it's already what I'm using for my novels, so that's what I currently use. I recommend it with reservations: it's got some quirks, and is probably not up to full-time, serious scriptwriting... but it does a perfectly good job for a webcomic or hobby user. Plus, you know. Fantastic for novels. :)

colinomahoney

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just curious what people use, software-wise, for writing comics.
I remember Celtx used to be an options. Not sure if it's still used today.
Personally I find your basic Word/Google Docs to be just fine. As well as writing, I also do some lettering, and I remember I found Celtx a bit of a nuisance to pull the lettering from. Ideally you don't want to create any issues for your collaborators.

Reactions: tuffghost

gorileeus

Registered
Reaction score
I've been using Illustrator. I tried to work with blender first, but that didn't workout.