What!? No Romanian thread?

Susan Lanigan

Registered
Reaction score
I was going to say "yes" in Latin and then remembered Latin doesn't have a "yes" - like Irish. And even if it did have, I would have forgotten...

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to say "yes" in Latin and then remembered Latin doesn't have a "yes" - like Irish. And even if it did have, I would have forgotten...
You remember far more than me, Im afraid. And I took latin for 3 years. :(
*hides away in shame*

Susan Lanigan

Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry Andreea - I have more than enough shame to get by on account of all the other languages I have failed to learn :(

Susan Lanigan

Registered
Reaction score
Anyway it would be remiss to turn up in a Romanian thread without mentioning the Romanian authors I have read - unfortunately, only one - Incognito by Petru Dimitriu - a great book, even better than Solzhenitsyn while covering the same period.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
I'm quite glad that people chime in about their "connection" to Romania/the Romanian language, makes the thread quite interesting. :)

Keep em coming!

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Anyway it would be remiss to turn up in a Romanian thread without mentioning the Romanian authors I have read - unfortunately, only one - Incognito by Petru Dimitriu - a great book, even better than Solzhenitsyn while covering the same period.

Yea, Petru Dumitriu is an interesting writer. Too bad he's not being studied in schools anymore. :(

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
No, just what little I remembered from what little I learned while living with my Romanian ex. :)

Talking AND writing?That's really cool. I've learned Greek from my husband, I can speak and read it but I can't write it worth a dime.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Talking AND writing?That's really cool. I've learned Greek from my husband, I can speak and read it but I can't write it worth a dime.

I don't know if you have kids, or plan on it, but if you did, I'm curious, what language(s) would you speak in?

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if you have kids, or plan on it, but if you did, I'm curious, what language(s) would you speak in?
No I don't have kids yet but maybe I will someday and when I do, I plan on teaching them evertything I know, languages included. Now I speak Romanian, English, Greek, and some French and German. Used to know Hungarian when I was 3-4 but I don't remember any. :(

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Going bilingual, or trilingual, is a huge challenge in parenting, but SO worth it. I've met a few trilingual families and it's amazing to watch them in action.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Going bilingual, or trilingual, is a huge challenge in parenting, but SO worth it. I've met a few trilingual families and it's amazing to watch them in action.

Nothing funnier than seeing parents and kids speak in 3-4 languages in a nice mishmash. :D

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Am o vaga idee, nu o baga idee, typo de la mine. Oops.

Se poate sta pe net de oriunde, acuma poti sa-ti iei computerul si in parc sa scrii :D Vreau sa incerc asta o data, sa stau frumos pe bancuta si sa scriu.

Dar intai sa fie mai rece pe afara ca e prea mult.