• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

WestEndGirl Agency (formerly Frances White Lit. Mgmt. Agency)

copperbeech

hienama
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have insight into this agent? Website. I can't find much at all on her, on the web. She's not on Query Tracker, and of the three authors listed on her site... none return anything relevant. The agency with which she is partnered, Carolyn Jenks, doesn't have a lot of into either. A question was raised about the partner on another thread, to no resolution. Just doing my homework.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Strange wording in a few places; including mention of packaging, which differs from "standard" agenting in significant ways. So, she might not know the business, or she could be in fact aiming to be a packager. But if she doesn't know the business and is aiming to be a packager ... then it's doubly important not to be a "practice" author for her.

So, as always, it's best to wait for some sales to determine how effective she and/or her partner will be.

copperbeech

hienama
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your decoding of sed sites. I received no clarification on exactly what her agenting approach is, even after asking. She answered, just wasn't forthcoming with actual information. I will say, she did not respond cordially to being questioned. PM if anyone is interested in details.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Let us praise her, then, for realizing so quickly that she'd staked out an untenable position.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. Current registry doesn't expire until July, and looking at the cache, it was updated last month; so it may just be down for whatever reason. I won't be holding my breath for its return, though.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
No sign of sales to advance-paying publishers. Not so great for an agency that has been in business over 2 years. I wonder how they are paying the bills?

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Quoting from the website's bio page (typos and all):
Ana Mendoza, Acquisitions Editor

Ana is the acquisitions editor at WestEndGirl Agency, guiding authors on revisions and manuscript preparations. She is the newest addition to the agency and is all ready surpassing our highest expectation. Ana is on her way to receiving a B.A in English Literature at Miami Dade College.
Oh dear.

The News and Events page congratulates a client on being picked up by Red Adept, a very new and small publishing venture that writers don't need an agent to approach.

- Victoria

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I see the name and end up with the Pet Shop Boy's West End Girls STUCK in my head. :Headbang: