We have a Krampus sighting

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure I will.

I got a complaint about the menorah I put up for Hanukkah.

:krampus:
oh dear

Well if you don't get a Krampus complaint, just sing out. What's Xmas without the complaints, amirite? (I can also do you a nice line in "Migrants Have Ruined My Christmas" and the December Toystore edition of "Why Can't We Let Boys Be Boys And Girls Be Girls".

ETA: Also have some Dear Editor - Is it me, or is this Political Correctness Gone Mad? forms - with space for detailed complaints. And of course, the old favourite "Christmas Is Not What It Used To Be." (But those might be a bit mouldy, now...)

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love Krampus, but mostly because I get so sick of the sugar-sweet sentimentality of what Christmas is "supposed" to mean. Don't tell me how to feel! Might be the wrong reason to like Krampus, but there it is.

Complaints about the Hanukkah banner? That makes me sad.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I love the way Krampus in the image wears a basket with a gently weeping child. What's most amusing to me is that the (presumably) naughty little girl's expression is not one of sheer terror over being stolen away by a huge demon to be flogged with birch rods and possibly dragged down to Hell. Her attitude is more similar to what one sees with kids who did something they knew would get them in trouble, but the punishment is entirely proportional to what they did, so the tears are more of a token protest, or perhaps simple bitterness over being caught. The (presumably) good little girl looks on with mildly worried interest. Perhaps she did not like her sister overly much?

Reactions: Elenitsa