• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Vineyard Literary Agency

charlys

new author
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this agency? I think they are fairly new but do have their own website: vineyardliteraryagency.com. They sound sincere and queries are on a submission form on their site. A husband and wife team. I don't find them in P&E or anywhere else. I dn't want to query them if they aren't good. No listing of sales.:Shrug:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Their only experience seems to be Evelyn's as "Associate Editor" at an unnamed agency. Regardless, open two years with no sign of clients or sales is not a good sign.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Yes, they seem like sincere, nice people who are avid readers. BUT that's not going to sell your book to a publisher. The only mention of experience is that the wife worked as an associate editor for a literary agency. No mention of what agency she was with, which most agents will name.

ETA: Did a quick search, too, and nothing but their own website (created in 2009) comes up. No mention of them on author's sites, PM, or even agentquery. Are they still in existence even or is the website just sitting there?

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Belatedly adding live link: http://vineyardliteraryagency.com/

FYI - their submission form has been replaced with:

Vineyard literary is not currently not accepting new submissions. Please check back often to see if our position has changed. Thank you for your interest in our representation.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Vineyard literary is not currently not accepting new submissions.
Double negative makes a positive...but not in this case. From the general tone of that page, they mean "no more submissions--for now." I wouldn't hold my breath on it though. The rest of the website hasn't changed since 2009. No sales, no current news.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No further activity.