Update us! How are you?

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's so great to see all the familiar names, including bearlilou, Puttputt, Veinglory, and Snitchcat, back on the site!

I missed everyone!

Hear Hear!!! It's also good seeing people I've not seen from well before the offline period; years before in some cases.

Plus the huge crop of new folks! Wonderful!

Last edited:

mschenk2016

Registered
Reaction score
Right now I'm stuck inside because of the "hurricane" that turned out to be little more than a rain storm. We spent an hour yesterday moving garbage cans and lawn furniture out to the shed so it wouldn't all blow away, for nothing. We just moved to Florida about a month ago. Tomorrow I've got a job interview for school bus driver, and yesterday and I sent off another query letter for my novel.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Right now I'm stuck inside because of the "hurricane" that turned out to be little more than a rain storm. We spent an hour yesterday moving garbage cans and lawn furniture out to the shed so it wouldn't all blow away, for nothing. We just moved to Florida about a month ago. Tomorrow I've got a job interview for school bus driver, and yesterday and I sent off another query letter for my novel.
Best of luck all the way around!

Reactions: mschenk2016

Hummingbird

Pen, Paper, Prepared. ...Write!
Registered
Reaction score
How are you?

What have you written?

What have you read that you like?

What have you been listening to?

Pretty good here. Hoping to finally get back to writing and hanging out here. Been years since I've been gone because of life. I came back and found out that the site went through a major overhaul while I was gone. (Thank you!)

Written: Not much. Random snippets here and there, but nothing worth noting. I did learn a lot about plotting and what works for me though. So that's good.

Read: Life kept me away from reading too (migraines), so that's something I'm hoping to start jumping into again. I've got the first three in "The Mortal Instruments" series that I've been dying to read.

Listening: Mostly Lindsey Stirling's music and other instrumentals that I find around the internet.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Still, better to be prepared than to have to replace the furniture and the cans.

Reactions: MaeZe

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hubby THOUGHT he had a case of poison ivy -- which was weird as he hates The Great Outdoors. Hubby also has muscle aches, which he thought initially was him pulling something. (he's expressed an interest in learning blacksmithing and put together a new workbench)

NOPE!

Hubby has shingles!

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Nice to see so many familiar names. It's been a rough year and a half. Covid hit my wife's family very hard. She lost her mother to the virus, and her brother was in ICU but finally pulled out of it as did the business I've had for the past ten years or so that's starting to show signs of life. I did manage to do a little writing in the meantime and have a title out with a small publisher--the best news here is that I really like this book. I am glad to be here! And I thank Lisa and Mac for getting this forum up and runnng again.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see you Maze Runner. Your post is so mixed, I'm so sorry your wife's family suffered so much before the vaccine came out. That's just awful. But I'm very happy for you that your business is picking and up and that you like what you have written and that it's out with a publisher! :Thumbs:

Reactions: Maze Runner

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
How are you?

What have you written?

What have you read that you like?

What have you been listening to?
In the past year the small tech company I was working for has been fully acquired and absorbed into one of the 5 biggest tech companies in the world. This may sound glorious, but there are substantial cons as well. So, yay but meh. It looks like the respite of chasing certifications I've enjoyed for the last 20 years has come to an inglorious end.

I've written words. Not nearly enough, but more than nothing. I was on a good streak for about the first three months of the year, probably getting close to 10K words in when my muse fell silent (probably due to increased work load).

Last winter, Terry Brooks published the true final conclusion to the Shannara series. I'd stopped reading it a while before, so when I saw that, had to catch up to read the end. 17 books all told, mostly via Libby but one or two through Audible. Caught up to the last, read the last, and at least I can say I finished the series (unlike GRRM)....

Between the listening to all 17 of those books, crunching through 10K words in my own "NGAN" and work, not really had much time to read traditional printed material unless all the email from the Big Blue M counts...

Had been chatting with the crew on Discord for a while, but that is also becoming something that I check in to sporadically as I have 5-10 minutes here and there. My socializing on the interwebz is minimal, but will try to remember to check in here periodically too.

Love the new forum code/layout/styling - looks great! And congrats on the recovery after all the down time. I know that took a lot of hours and effort to port/restore, but y'all deserve major kudos for pulling it off.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone! It's so nice seeing all these familiar names again. I've missed you all more than I realized, I think.

I haven't really written anything in so long. Life has been a challenge over the past year or so, and while I usually write better when life is challenging, this time, yoga and meditation have really been amazing tools to help keep my anxieties at bay. Also, I've been digging deeper into my photography hobby. Writing just...IDK. I'm not there right now.

Reading...right now I'm trying to finish up Obama's latest memoir. I'm so impressed with his writing. How one can write about political ventures and make it a page-turner is a mystery he has mastered, IMO. Prior to that, I've read several things, most notably spending most of 2020 reading the Outlander series. Now it seems I'm waiting just like we're all waiting for GOT.

Listening to...not a whole lot, though we did just nail down tickets to Elton John's last tour next year!

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Hubby THOUGHT he had a case of poison ivy -- which was weird as he hates The Great Outdoors. Hubby also has muscle aches, which he thought initially was him pulling something. (he's expressed an interest in learning blacksmithing and put together a new workbench)

NOPE!

Hubby has shingles!
Oh, no! I hope he recovers quickly and fully!

Reactions: RedRajah

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Good morning, everyone! It's so nice seeing all these familiar names again. I've missed you all more than I realized, I think.

I haven't really written anything in so long. Life has been a challenge over the past year or so, and while I usually write better when life is challenging, this time, yoga and meditation have really been amazing tools to help keep my anxieties at bay. Also, I've been digging deeper into my photography hobby. Writing just...IDK. I'm not there right now.

Reading...right now I'm trying to finish up Obama's latest memoir. I'm so impressed with his writing. How one can write about political ventures and make it a page-turner is a mystery he has mastered, IMO. Prior to that, I've read several things, most notably spending most of 2020 reading the Outlander series. Now it seems I'm waiting just like we're all waiting for GOT.

Listening to...not a whole lot, though we did just nail down tickets to Elton John's last tour next year!
I'm glad you're well. I missed a lot of voices here, yours among them.

• Hug
Reactions: Alpha Echo

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see old friends and a few new.

Kay and I got Moderna vaccine through VA early on, but doubled and tripled down with masks, alcohol wipes, and handwashing. Most of our social distancing was staying home--which was how we got through the killer heatwave in the Pacific Northwest.

Now there's wildfires trying to burn Oregon to a cinder.

Not surprised how most woes happened or got worse after Joe took over. :popcorn: