• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

United Agents

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone who submitted! I wonder how it works, since they only see a WIP

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
Good luck to everyone who submitted! I wonder how it works, since they only see a WIP

I have no exact idea, but maybe if they like what they see they'll issue an invitation to sub the entire book to a specific agent. Perhaps it's a way to get to the head of the line / queue?

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
If anyone finds out, do let us know!
I'm kind of intrigued.
I ended up not sending anything in, but I would like to next time if they do it again. Seems like a strange but excellent opportunity.

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
I guess the children's and YA authors will be able to report back soon since that was on Aug 1st

Mithra

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted, along with a handful of other authors I know. A couple received auto replies, the rest of us did not. One received a rejection fairly quickly, and as far as I know the rest of us are all still waiting to hear.

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
I never heard back. Maybe they underestimated how many people would submit.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I never heard back. Maybe they underestimated how many people would submit.

Don't give up! This is the e-mail I received when I submitted on 15th August (bolding mine):

Many thanks for your submission to Open House. Please note that due to the enormous number of submissions we are receiving we have had to extend our response-by date slightly. We will reply within four to six weeks of receiving your submission but we will be in contact with everybody. We look forward to reading your work. With kind regards, United Agents.

Eight weeks have passed, but I ain't giving up until I get that e-mail response!

ETA: Someone on an author loop I'm part of just had a rejection from an ms submitted on 1st August (today is 18th October). As for me, I haven't finished writing the book I pitched (only the first three or four chapters) and I probably won't get around to giving it top priority unless they write back with interest.

Last edited: