Unfortunate Jacket Illustrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
For all the mocking of the jacket, I do recommend the book. Much better written than Simon Scarrow and Anthony Riches. :)

thewife

Registered
Reaction score
Waaaay too close to various government agencies.
For all the mocking of the jacket, I do recommend the book. Much better written than Simon Scarrow and Anthony Riches. :)

A bad cover really isn't a hallmark of a bad book. Even Fabio graced the covers of some halfway decent works. And we all know authors rarely have much input on the art.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't feel bad for ragging a bit on the... "unfortunate" covers. :D

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
My impression, as an alien, is that Scotland has a very odd climate. From ground level to about three-four feet up, the air is very cold. From three-four feet up and onward, the air is very hot and humid.

thewife

Registered
Reaction score
My impression, as an alien, is that Scotland has a very odd climate. From ground level to about three-four feet up, the air is very cold. From three-four feet up and onward, the air is very hot and humid.

Oh, I don't know... In some places it's clearly very, very warm. Can there be any other explanation for things like this and this (talk about phallic imagery!) and this and this and this (OMG. Just... OMG). Maybe in summer it becomes uniformly hot?

All I know is that after 2 years of spending day after day looking at these things we have mostly become immune to the hideousnous. But only mostly.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, now that my alien probot has sent back some full-figure shots of the Scottish male, I realize that the climate is very cold from ground to knee, then very hot from knee to hemline, then very cold from hemline to waist, then very hot the rest of the way up. Evidently the females deal with this problem by pulling up their skirts and pulling down their bodices.

Interesting, but thick fur shaved in various poodle cuts would be more efficient.

thewife

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, now that my alien probot has sent back some full-figure shots of the Scottish male, I realize that the climate is very cold from ground to knee, then very hot from knee to hemline, then very cold from hemline to waist, then very hot the rest of the way up. Evidently the females deal with this problem by pulling up their skirts and pulling down their bodices.

Interesting, but thick fur shaved in various poodle cuts would be more efficient.

You've seen the photos -- they can't GROW thick fur. They can't even grow normal body hair. Also, and I don't know if you've noticed this, but they've got a problem with excess body-oil. They must have some awesome trick for preventing pimples. But they don't like this guy -- they kept the secret from him. Either that or he's the Scottish, kilt-wearing equivalent of a nerd. I bet he's wearing taped up glasses and is holding a D&D handbook just out of sight.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score

:ROFL:

On the subject of the Scottish weather . . . you can quite easily have four seasons in one day - seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.