• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Traffic Sail Press

vikingmaiden

The Evergreen Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
I've been offered a contract to publish and distribute my internet marketing "how to-" book through Traffic Sail Press, a small press outfit set up by the owners of Todd and Clare Dating: https://www.toddandclare.com

Traffic Sail has something to do with Kevin Weiss, formerly of Author Solutions, either as a board advisor or book distribution agent who has helped Mr Hammond
get his book distributed widely.

Weiss is now at UniTrends, a software company in MA, so I don't think he's directly still in the book biz per se, but I take it would still have significant contacts.

Traffic Sail's contract isn't asking any investment upfront, and is leveraged heavily on book's getting mainstream bookstore distribution... I think through AuthorSolutions ex-contractors.

Traffic Sail has mentioned in email correspondence that they have some kind of sub-partnership via a book agent of IPG (Independent Publishers' Group), but it is not listed on the official IPG Client Publishers anywhere: http://www.ipgbook.com/publishers-pages-32.php

Is it possible to get sub-partnership distribution through a national outfit like IPG, and get into chains maybe through a backdoor??

Disclosure: I had a contractor relationship with Todd and Clare in the past: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/sho...ency-Acento-Advertising&p=9607667#post9607667

Traffic Sail to date still only has 1 book, but obviously if Traffic Sail has got contacts like IPG, common sense dictates I'm open to a possible relationship.

What's the feeling about going with such a small outfit for a new author wanting to be taken seriously?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Their book has no rank on Amazon, and the reviews on B&N read like a paid campaign. Have they shared any sales numbers with you?

Round Two

Behind the door of a small house.
Registered
Reaction score
It also doesn't even have a listing on BookScan.

vikingmaiden

The Evergreen Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
@Caopaux... Sales figures are one of the things I've asked for, haven't been forthcoming.

Since I've seen so many big published arranging paid reviews I'm guessing that's part of the territory... should it have a bookscan listing? Could it have been excluded by the distributor or publisher on request? Ever since I saw Sony buying all those Instagram likes and youtube views for artists that got deleted in a day when Instagram did a clean up, I've kind of taken arranged reviews as occupational hazard.

I don't have a literary agent, btw.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No further activity. (Domain expired Nov '16.)