• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

TouchPoint Press (Sheri Ables)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
Here we go again. Another agent turned publisher. Sheri Williams woke up one morning, looked in the mirror and Shazam, she discovered she was becoming a publisher. I had signed with her (Red Writing hood Ink.) but soon discovered she was not going to do anything for me and ended my association with her. She sent me an email about her new venture and asked me to publish with her, but I declined. Check it out.
http://touchpointpress.com

Last edited by a moderator:

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Well it's a "professional" business using wordpress.com as a main web presence, and using the default theme, no less. That's all I really need to know (I'm kind of a snob, I know, but it's a pet peeve).

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, dear GOD, NO!

Sheri was my agent too and she did absolute shit for me. Dealing with Sheri is a BIG waste of time.

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
TouchPoint publishes titles across multiple genres and subgenres. Our focus is not so much on a specific genre or subgenre, but on acquiring manuscripts that are exceptionally well-written, fast-paced, and engaging.

As oppose to publishers that prefer to specialize in poorly-written, plodding and boring manuscripts?

Last edited:

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
As oppose to publishers that prefer to specialize in poorly-written, plodding and boring manuscripts?

Hahaha, actually, this would describe the majority of manuscripts of quite a number of author-mill small (e)publishers whose books I've browsed or downloaded free portions of from Shashwords. Poorly-written, plodding, and boring indeed, although the last is the most subjective category of the three.

Poisonfan2005

Registered
Reaction score
Don't do it! They're business is shady. They don't keep the author informed on anything! I had to wait almost 10 months for the cover art, and they didn't even ask my opinion on it! They make you do most of the edits, and don't help you at all with them! No advice, no guide, nothing! Not to mention they never respond to emails! Sheri is rude, and doesn't like it when you ask questions, or make your displeasure with Touchpoint known. Save yourself the hassle!

weeksb1954

Registered
Reaction score
No to TPP

I would caution anyone considering signing with TouchPoint Press to think long and hard before joining this bunch. They did not communicate with me, they did little if any promotion of my book and they were rude and threatening when I voiced concern over their inactivity and shady practices. I am surprised they have managed to continue this long in that they work in the gray area between legal and illegal business practices. They prey upon novice writers that want desperately to be published and use and abuse them because they are afraid to speak up or don't understand what is happening! My recommendation would be to stay away from TouchPoint Press, Sheri Williams Ables or anyone that recommends them to you!

Last edited:

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving