This is Josué

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

jjosuminded

Registered
Reaction score
Hello writers!

My name's Josué, I love writing since I was a small kid; I never actually entered contests or anything like that, it was just a natural thing I needed to do back then, and I still need to do.

I'm currently writing quite regularly on my blog jjosuminded.com, and I'm currently working on two large projects I intend to publish as books, one if a poetry book, and the other is a horror psychological thriller. Oh yeah, I'm also working on a concept that's a series of short stories about office romance xD, that one's quite experimental and for adults only.

Cheers!

J.V

Reactions: TomCrossley and Izz

jjosuminded

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Janine, thanks very much!

I will try to find an agent. I'm at chapter 2 which is still very early in the process!

Maryn

Baaaa!
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you! About that "adults only" work: in case you didn't know, we have a board for people writing erotica and erotic romance, whether it's a scene or a novel. Part of the Erotica board is public, but the larger and more active part requires a password. How to get it is explained at the public Erotica board.

Maryn, hoping to see you there if you'd like to come

Reactions: jjosuminded

Janine R

Registered
Reaction score
if your thriller is plotted an interesting thing to do might be a draft query letter in advance of writing the book. This might give you a good idea of where you plot or character needs work. Query Letter Hell in Share your Work forum gives you a good idea of the drafting and critiquing process.
You won‘t be able to post anything in share your work until you have had 50 substantive posts. It’s a good idea to contribute by critiquing other writers‘ work.

• Love

jjosuminded

Registered
Reaction score
if your thriller is plotted an interesting thing to do might be a draft query letter in advance of writing the book. This might give you a good idea of where you plot or character needs work. Query Letter Hell in Share your Work forum gives you a good idea of the drafting and critiquing process.
You won‘t be able to post anything in share your work until you have had 50 substantive posts. It’s a good idea to contribute by critiquing other writers‘ work.
That's great! Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome, welcome, welcome! :D

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW is, in my opinion, the internet's premier writing place, with all the info you'll ever need on all things writing and publishing, and home to an amazing community, to boot.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These will help you quickly understand not only the forum rules, but also the culture and etiquette of the various spaces within, and will also help make the forums less overwhelming.

There's a lot to discover, so please take your time exploring, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

See you around the boards :)
Izz

jjosuminded

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome, welcome! :D

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW is, in my opinion, the internet's premier writing place, with all the info you'll ever need on all things writing and publishing, and home to an amazing community, to boot.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These will help you quickly understand not only the forum rules, but also the culture and etiquette of the various spaces within, and will also help make the forums less overwhelming.

There's a lot to discover, so please take your time exploring, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

See you around the boards :)
Izz
Thanks very much for the advice Izz, it definitely looks like there's a lot going on here, which is quite exciting!

Reactions: Izz

TomCrossley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tomcrossleysjournal.wordpress.com
First of all welcome to the forums Josué! I'm new here also and so far everybody has been really kind and welcoming to me too.

Your projects sound really interesting and quite varied. This must surely be a good thing. I don't think it's good for writers to categorize themselves into one genre.

I'll be sure to check out your website! I love a good blog :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

jjosuminded

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.
Awesome, thanks a lot!

jjosuminded

Registered
Reaction score
First of all welcome to the forums Josué! I'm new here also and so far everybody has been really kind and welcoming to me too.

Your projects sound really interesting and quite varied. This must surely be a good thing. I don't think it's good for writers to categorize themselves into one genre.

I'll be sure to check out your website! I love a good blog :)
Thanks Tom! In that case, welcome to you too! I just followed your blog, by the way, I liked your review on Dune. :)

Reactions: TomCrossley

xandraxian

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, fellow new member, jjosuminded!

I also have the goal to write a poetry book; though, I want to write and publish more of a novel-in-verse than a collection. What type of poetry do you write? Is it free-form or does it follow a type of structure? Any specific topics?

Ooo, psychological works are my favorite! One of my favorite movies, 1408, is a psychological horror/thriller. What is your story about?

jjosuminded

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, fellow new member, jjosuminded!

I also have the goal to write a poetry book; though, I want to write and publish more of a novel-in-verse than a collection. What type of poetry do you write? Is it free-form or does it follow a type of structure? Any specific topics?

Ooo, psychological works are my favorite! One of my favorite movies, 1408, is a psychological horror/thriller. What is your story about?
Hello Xandraxian!

Regarding poetry, it's always been free form for me, but lately, I'm reading many classic poems and would like to experiment with more style, rhyme, and metric. My book is about emerging, it's very personal; as a 17-year-old teenager I had a life-changing event that was extremely negative, and it buried the kid I used to be along with his dreams. It's been many years (twice the age I was at that time), living underground until I felt the strength needed to emerge and show my face to the world; the book is about that struggle and path, in all its pain and beauty, it's about blossoming after being buried and forgotten.

Regarding the thriller, it's about boundaries, I guess that's a way to put it; it's about a person who's extremely dissatisfied with conventions and generally accepted values and behaviors, he's bored and absolutely despises what he considers to be meaningless life around him. We could say he's in a deep depression manifesting as apathy and misanthropy. He's trying to find a way out of this feeling and begins trying to reach a more primal structure in his mind that takes the form of an animal, a predator. Suddenly, he activates a more charismatic personality, starts being more appealing to others, and all the people he seeks to get close to, are really a short list of who will be the most suitable candidates to be his first victim, the witness of the transitioning ritual between man and animal.

On this one, I like to explore the possibility of a person who doesn't fit the cliché of a psychopath ("emotionless kid", traumatized, tortured animals), and yet embarks on a trip with no return to become one, out of moral conviction.

There's more to it, but I'll leave it for you to read in the book once it's out! :D

Thanks so much for your interest and warm welcome!